The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

As soon as you start with the whatabouttery you’ve lost your argument.

For the record Mane was moaning about not being passed to, not being subbed ???

Was that not when we beat UTD 4-2 and he was unhappy about not starting ?‍♂️

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spot on. They are competent but toothless (until they play us (whu) I suspect).
Thought L'arse might sneak it at the end.

In other news, can we have some sort of statute of limitations on comments from the north westerners. It's bloomin tedious chaps....

I'll think you'll find that only 2 of todays posters are from the NW, 3 including me.(y)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If I’m allowed, as a supporter of a north west club, to make comment? ?

United’s issue for me, as much as what they do in possession, is what they do without the ball. There is no shape at all, especially defensively.

I can think of any number of examples. The dreadful goal conceded in the Champions League tie in Turkey last season. The goal conceded yesterday and the one disallowed. There are countless more examples.

The buck has to stop with the manager and coaching staff.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I’m allowed, as a supporter of a north west club, to make comment? ?

United’s issue for me, as much as what they do in possession, is what they do without the ball. There is no shape at all, especially defensively.

I can think of any number of examples. The dreadful goal conceded in the Champions League tie in Turkey last season. The goal conceded yesterday and the one disallowed. There are countless more examples.

The buck has to stop with the manager and coaching staff.
Lol. of course.
It's not thoughtful comments on how the teams are playing. It's the constant pointless back and forth (kind of) point scoring, with no-one wanting to give the other the last word.
It's a shame, as I quite enjoy seeing how other fans view their own club's performance, and what they think of others, but it all gets lost in the mindless braying, complete lack of humour, total absence of self awareness and self deprecation of the North Western massives.

D

Deleted member 15344

Watford have sacked a manager in the year

2008, 09 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16
, 17 , 18 , 19 , 20 and now 21

19 managers ( including two caretakers ) in 13 years ?????

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say it's a knee jerk reaction but it's Watford and it's how they work. The start isn't terrible so it does seem odd. It will be interesting to hear what @Piece has to say as sometimes other fans don't get the whole picture.

At the end of last season it was questionable if Munoz was going to retained as he didn’t have the correct coaching badges for the Premier League. He is/was working towards them so the club retained him. Related to his lack of high level coaching qualification, it was clear last season on occasions and exposed this season, that tactically he isn’t up to it. No real flexibility, using the South African rugby policy of if Plan A doesn’t work, then try Plan A again and again. We should be getting far more out of the players we have than we currently do. The Leeds performance was so bad that it showed to the owners that things aren’t right. The Cycling GK, sorry Ben Foster, said as much in the post match. In my opinion, there’s too many side shows going on, pointing the finger at Ben’s channel and another first team player’s recently released YouTube channel (who was awful yesterday…). I understand that the club hate these things.

Where I do have sympathy and other to Watford head coaches, is that he has no or very little say in player recruitment. He given a squad and told there you go. A lot of the responsibility (not blame) goes on technical structure above Munoz; they do the recruitment and scouting. Most of it is good but the fundamental pieces they haven’t got right for years, is the whole defence and some of the midfield. It’s difficult to build a team and your philosophy without a say in the players.

Talk of Ranieri coming in. Doesn’t thrill me tbh.

P.S. Watford don’t employ managers; only Head Coaches. :p

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
At the end of last season it was questionable if Munoz was going to retained as he didn’t have the correct coaching badges for the Premier League. He is/was working towards them so the club retained him. Related to his lack of high level coaching qualification, it was clear last season on occasions and exposed this season, that tactically he isn’t up to it. No real flexibility, using the South African rugby policy of if Plan A doesn’t work, then try Plan A again and again. We should be getting far more out of the players we have than we currently do. The Leeds performance was so bad that it showed to the owners that things aren’t right. The Cycling GK, sorry Ben Foster, said as much in the post match. In my opinion, there’s too many side shows going on, pointing the finger at Ben’s channel and another first team player’s recently released YouTube channel (who was awful yesterday…). I understand that the club hate these things.

Where I do have sympathy and other to Watford head coaches, is that he has no or very little say in player recruitment. He given a squad and told there you go. A lot of the responsibility (not blame) goes on technical structure above Munoz; they do the recruitment and scouting. Most of it is good but the fundamental pieces they haven’t got right for years, is the whole defence and some of the midfield. It’s difficult to build a team and your philosophy without a say in the players.

Talk of Ranieri coming in. Doesn’t thrill me tbh.

P.S. Watford don’t employ managers; only Head Coaches. :p

I remember Gary Lineker being similarly unimpressed when Leicester went for Ranieri. I recall a comment along the lines of “Claudio Ranieri? Really?”.

He didn’t do Leicester any harm.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember Gary Lineker being similarly unimpressed when Leicester went for Ranieri. I recall a comment along the lines of “Claudio Ranieri? Really?”.

He didn’t do Leicester any harm.

Didn‘t pull up trees at Fulham recently, only winning 3 of 17. I’d like to see our old manager back, Rogers. But that ain’t going to happen ??