The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really cannot understand why Southgate not thrown on Sancho ( he gives him 7 mins?? or DCL Kane ineffective Takes Grealish off instead giving him a whole game Why?. Rashford on again despite not showing anything in last two appearances. brings on Mings whose played both games.
Apart from goal we have been average again and allowed Checks to stay in game.
Need to improve massively to get past last 16.

We looked good first half

Can understand the change at half time he wants Henderson to get some game time (Phil been on the blower to him) to get some fitness

Great to see Bellingham come on but agree Ming's and hardly any mins for sancho just seems like why ..

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First half good. Second half not so good.

But we're through without conceding a goal. Need to improve to go much further in the competition and play like we did in the first half of this game rather than how we played in the two previous games and in the second half of this game.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Much better.

Moving Phillips back really slowed things down as we lost that link through midfield to the front. White in for Rice would have been a better option.

Kane was awful again. And Rashford is a waste of a place.

That aside, pretty happy with that performance.

Well done Scotland for scoring a goal.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My Mrs know very little about football but not averse to the odd swear words. Her comments tonight “That Harry Kane want to buck his “flipping“ ideas up”! Flipping may have been altered because of children on here but very true

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Much better.

Moving Phillips back really slowed things down as we lost that link through midfield to the front. White in for Rice would have been a better option.

Kane was awful again. And Rashford is a waste of a place.

That aside, pretty happy with that performance.

Well done Scotland for scoring a goal.

Could you not put Henderson in for rice in the actual holding role as he can play that?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I couldn't understand why he played Saka and not Sancho. Saka played really well though. Grealish made something happen, which is why we all wanted him to play, so fair play him. Honestly, the rest of it was pretty dire to watch again. For all the attacking talent, we're still like watching paint dry. But the main thing is we've got through the group. (One of the easiest groups.)

Germany, Portugal or France next round so then we'll really see what we're about.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get the defensive thing, but you can be defensive and still create. Too many back passes still the midfield lacked physical bite. Saka was awesome Grealish was good , but Sterling.. no. Henderson changed the momentum, like him or not he created impetus.
Kane was better , but DCL needs a run out, and Sancho needs to be on. Jude Bellingham I don’t know but I want to see more before offering an opinion

4LEX

Visit site
The first half gave a glimpse into the potential and quality of this England side. The second half reflected Southgate's negative hold on the side. Yes players got minutes and the half was disjointed but holding onto a 1-0 win is the Mourinho way and he'll do the same when it counts.

Glad to see Scotland go out after their idiotic fans invaded London and took nothing more than a point and the Delta variant back with them :sneaky:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Mrs know very little about football but not averse to the odd swear words. Her comments tonight “That Harry Kane want to buck his “flipping“ ideas up”! Flipping may have been altered because of children on here but very true
He will struggle to get a big money move off this …