The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think we can separate the instances into necessary and unnecessary contacts, and they focus on punishing/isolating unnecessary ones.

Same in society, schools are necessary and we take them into account. Raves are not. And most recently they have moved weddings to necessary. A few hundred at the odd wedding don’t change much anymore, but everyone having any kind of party or gathering opens it up to much.

Playing defence, marking your man in the box, even celebrating a goal with team mates are ‘necessary’, but hugging an opponent after the game is just too much.

Doesn’t make sense in total, but it’s a token gesture someone wants/needs to see.

I can see that but then that makes the assumption that Gilmour, as man of the match, was not hugged by any of his team mates after the final whistle. That then brings it in to unnecessary contact. I think that Mount and Chilwell are the PR scapegoats to keep up the appearance of a covid safe environment and it is interesting that their isolation until Monday was only announced after England had qualified last night. Would we have had the same decision or taken it so calmly if we needed a win tonight?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
THis, and if only we had a player that scores loads of them for fun...:rolleyes:

He's scored 10 free kicks in his Premier League career. 4 this season. Hardly scoring for fun.

Yes he may have scored more this season than any other English player, but that is not a reason to include him in the squad.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I actually like Grealish and he could offer us creativity that we currently lack. It is funny though how on occasions players, in all sports, can improve massively without ever playing. Being injured, being on the bench whilst your colleagues struggle can turn you into a world beater. He is definitely in that category right now.
I do like him,but it’s not like Southgate is leaving Mbappe out,it’s Jack Grealish of Aston Villa ?‍♂️?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How many reasons does Southgate need?

View attachment 37166

Those stats are a bit skewed no? I mean don't get me wrong I want jwp in the squad

However crosses for example. He played RB at times for you, far more likely to put a cross in from RB than a central midfielder , tackles and clearances could also be affected by this

Same with dispossessed .. mount for example is very high but his position you will lose the ball more than jwp when playing at RB no?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

An ex-Liverpool player wanting a Liverpool player to be picked.
Who'd have thought?

:rolleyes:

Maybe read the whole article ?

And also maybe ignore who Murphy played for because Murphy has spent a lot of time being very negative about Liverpool - but imagine a Man Utd fan highlighting the club allegiance ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20210622_184446.jpg

Disappointed that sterling keeps his place. Would have liked Sancho to get a chance but pleased saka is getting a chance

Grealish aswell

Soucek Vs rice tonight

D

Deleted member 15344

? #ENG side to face #CZE : Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Sterling, Grealish, Saka, Kane

? Subs: Johnstone, Ramsdale, Henderson, Rashford, Trippier, Mings, Coady, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin, White, James, Bellingham

Foden dropped totally ?‍♂️

Sterling starting again

Guess that’s Grealish starting behind the front three or a back 5 with Saka at wing back and Shaw as a Left CB