The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
couple of my friends lol
They're dummies then. I always hated that 'St Totteringham Day' nonsense, because it showed a pretty embarrassing lack of ambition, and I would hate for us to fall into the same trap. I'm very relieved we finished above the poorest Arsenal side in 25 years, given how many Arsenal fans I know, but I certainly won't be celebrating it. And I'm ashamed of any Spurs fans that are. Our club could be on the verge of collapsing back to bottom half finishes here if we're not very careful this summer.

D

Deleted member 15344

couple of my friends lol

Seen a number on social media celebrate just because they have finished above Arsenal- it’s like when Everton were celebrating winning the title in October ?

It’s been a strange old season and im amazed we finished third only 5 points behind UTD who had their best season in years.

Think overall the standard this year has been prob the worst seen in the Prem for years. Might be because of the lack of pre season , no fans etc. Thankfully it was great to hear the crowds again and hopefully next season will be far better

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They're dummies then. I always hated that 'St Totteringham Day' nonsense, because it showed a pretty embarrassing lack of ambition, and I would hate for us to fall into the same trap. I'm very relieved we finished above the poorest Arsenal side in 25 years, given how many Arsenal fans I know, but I certainly won't be celebrating it. And I'm ashamed of any Spurs fans that are. Our club could be on the verge of collapsing back to bottom half finishes here if we're not very careful this summer.

Yup not much to shout about for either of us and probably gonna get worse rather than better for both in the short term too. Long summer ahead for both clubs (and plenty of others). Weve been borderline a bottom half side for a large chunk of the year :(

4LEX

Visit site
Not sure what's more amazing - Ageuro's goal and trophy haul or the fact that after a decade in England he can't speak English :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 16999

Just in off the course and seen the results!
Thank god the season is over:poop:

Wanted/hoped for 6th-8th this season and pathetic home form ruined that.

Still 10pts better and 2 places higher than last season puts a slight positive on this season that had promised so much. I’ll give us a C+.

Did have a good laugh at/with a couple of red noses in the clubhouse celebrating 3rd and CL qualification, oh how the mighty have fallen! Had to remind one of them they were top at christmas and talking about back to back titles. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just in off the course and seen the results!
Thank god the season is over:poop:

Wanted/hoped for 6th-8th this season and pathetic home form ruined that.

Still 10pts better and 2 places higher than last season puts a slight positive on this season that had promised so much. I’ll give us a C+.

Did have a good laugh at/with a couple of red noses in the clubhouse celebrating 3rd and CL qualification, oh how the mighty have fallen! Had to remind one of them they were top at christmas and talking about back to back titles. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You sacked Sam for finishing 8th. Carlo spends a bill and you finish 12th, 10th ?

D

Deleted member 16999

You sacked Sam for finishing 8th. Carlo spends a bill and you finish 12th, 10th ?
Did you not read what I put?

8th with 49pts, we’ve also had Silva inbetween and this is Ancelotti’s first full season, he’s spent £69 mil in 3 transfer windows.

I’d worry about yous being 2 places and 30pts worse off if I was you. Poor title defence??

Last edited by a moderator:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very good from reds today they looked a lot quicker with the ball.
Think that’s down to the fans being there.
Two young lads at the back deserve a big pat on the back for doing well over the last few games.
Alisson for goal of the season.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Credit where it's due, definitely didn't expect that and a shame you never took me up on the bet. Although worth noting that in a season of supposed progression, you've only finished above Liverpool by 5 points and they've had no defence for the nearly the entire season and been horrific upfront. Much more likely you''ll finish outside the Top 4 than second again, IMO.

We've done better than everyone else except Man City.
Besides, some would suggest United haven't had a defence for at least two years!

D

Deleted member 15344

I may have dust in my eye...:cry:

Henry will always seem to get the highlights but for me Aguero is pretty close to being the best foreign player to play in the Prem - just a truly outstanding Goalscorer , going to be a miss in the Prem.

It’s also sad to see Gini play his last game for us - he has been the perfect player for Klopp and going to be a miss for us

Both great players going to be missed