The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why a joke? On field ref gives a yellow, whether we agree or not. What is missing is the conversation between the VAR and the on field ref as to why the VAR doesn’t think it’s worthy of a monitor review for a red. Perhaps then if we had that, then we could reason why.

For what its worth, I think it should have been a red. But that’s my opinion. The on field ref and VAR’s opinion is yellow. Deal with it.

There is too much hysterical nonsense about VAR.
Who’s being hysterical.
It’s a forum ffs.
But we don’t matter, the refs decision is the only one that does.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can we play away every game? Great to see DCL back on the score sheet.

We looked awful! Couldn't break you down

Well played tho, you made us look disjointed

Well taken goal. He got bit great at end could have passed sooner and Richarlson would be in

No shots on target says it all just very well organized

Should be hitting target with that header tho!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why a joke? On field ref gives a yellow, whether we agree or not. What is missing is the conversation between the VAR and the on field ref as to why the VAR doesn’t think it’s worthy of a monitor review for a red. Perhaps then if we had that, then we could reason why.

For what its worth, I think it should have been a red. But that’s my opinion. The on field ref and VAR’s opinion is yellow. Deal with it.

There is too much hysterical nonsense about VAR.

There is too much nonsense by VAR. They could put an end to all the arguments by actually getting the decisions right; you know, the job they were bought in to do... :rolleyes:

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
How do you get a 50-50 call right
50/50s are those ones where most supporters will disagree with the refs decision, but understand why. "I thought it was 51/49, the ref thought it was 49/51".

Pretty much every decision talked about in this thread has supporters of probably half the teams in the PL all agreeing the refs got it wrong.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
50/50s are those ones where most supporters will disagree with the refs decision, but understand why. "I thought it was 51/49, the ref thought it was 49/51".

Pretty much every decision talked about in this thread has supporters of probably half the teams in the PL all agreeing the refs got it wrong.
Most people use their own bias to agree the VAR got it wrong, only have to look at yesterdays Sterling non-sending off

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We looked awful! Couldn't break you down

Well played tho, you made us look disjointed

Well taken goal. He got bit great at end could have passed sooner and Richarlson would be in

No shots on target says it all just very well organized

Should be hitting target with that header tho!
Ancelotti has organised us to within an inch of our lives. You can see the banks of players, all very disciplined. If we get ahead away from home we are tough to break down. The issue we have is when we go behind. We have the players to go at teams but we are a little reluctant to do it. Part of the problem is our best team is very good but the back ups, not so much. I don't think Ancelotti trusts them enough to be expansive when they are playing.

Ultimately, not a lot between both teams, this one went our way. Wherever you end up it's been a great year of progress. The trick is to follow it up next year. Incidentally, if you get bored of Antonio we will take him ?. He would fit in nicely.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ancelotti has organised us to within an inch of our lives. You can see the banks of players, all very disciplined. If we get ahead away from home we are tough to break down. The issue we have is when we go behind. We have the players to go at teams but we are a little reluctant to do it. Part of the problem is our best team is very good but the back ups, not so much. I don't think Ancelotti trusts them enough to be expansive when they are playing.

Ultimately, not a lot between both teams, this one went our way. Wherever you end up it's been a great year of progress. The trick is to follow it up next year. Incidentally, if you get bored of Antonio we will take him ?. He would fit in nicely.

Could say the same of the first game , highlighted by a 85th min was it? Winner in a tight game

Antonio hmm how much? He will spend more time on the treatment table than Darren anderton mind