The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Antonio going off gave us a sniff, would've been 5 otherwise as he was bullying Coady and Saiss.

Big chances and Chances combined, as much football is more about stats (him especially) totals the 49. I'm not sure on the difference between the two.

His real issue this season is Raul and Jota both being unavailable, the amount of time he's beat his man and there's either nothing in the box to aim for or the rest are too slow to keep up has made him look rubbish, when looking at stats alone. But, I've watched every game and I'd rather have him in the team than not. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be with us next season.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's awful and I'd take him In a heart beat just was pointing out how rubbish our defense is to allow him an assist.....considering his lack of this season.

I'm not seeing the 49 anywhere tho

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Surely that will depend on the asking price, if its anything like the numbers being bandied about last close season he'll almost certainly still be in your side next year

I mean who pays 70m for a winger without enough end product (oh yeah, sigh, we do)

Two years left on his deal and no mention of signing a new one yet. The others have been tied down for when we get unfortunately get the big boys knocking, Neves, Neto etc.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's awful and I'd take him In a heart beat just was pointing out how rubbish our defense is to allow him an assist.....considering his lack of this season.

I'm not seeing the 49 anywhere tho

You tried what everyone else does and tried to kick him...which is what we should've done when Lingard was given the freedom of the city. Need to get better at the dark arts.

The 49 is from the Twitter virgins and meme accounts, I was expecting them to have counted them :)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
what price do you let him go for on that basis? 20m? 30m?

We sold Jota for 40m so I think we'd be asking for the same, I can never truly be trusted in player valuations of my club as I'm the most biased fan you'll ever meet, none of them can do anything wrong.

But if 30m enables us to bring in a top centre half to play alongside Boly in a two then it needs to be done.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You tried what everyone else does and tried to kick him...which is what we should've done when Lingard was given the freedom of the city. Need to get better at the dark arts.

The 49 is from the Twitter virgins and meme accounts, I was expecting them to have counted them :)

To be fair you were pretty dirty especially at the end .. that tackle on lingard was dirty as hell

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We sold Jota for 40m so I think we'd be asking for the same, I can never truly be trusted in player valuations of my club as I'm the most biased fan you'll ever meet, none of them can do anything wrong.

But if 30m enables us to bring in a top centre half to play alongside Boly in a two then it needs to be done.

Think there will be sides prepared to take a chance on him at £30m even in the current climate (depending on wage demands), sort of player a lot of clubs/managers must look at and think if they could just improve the end product slightly theyd have a world beater, not saying Wolves havent tried.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I had you down as one of the more balanced ones on here, not that thats saying much ;)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Think there will be sides prepared to take a chance on him at £30m even in the current climate (depending on wage demands), sort of player a lot of clubs/managers must look at and think if they could just improve the end product slightly theyd have a world beater, not saying Wolves havent tried.

Nuno has improved him massively from when he came. Still more to come from him.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only sensible observation really came, ironically, from Graham Potter.

He said it wasn’t a clear and obvious error, hence why VAR didn’t review it. And as such, he went on to say, had it been given VAR would not, if applied correctly, have overruled the decision to award the penalty.

My view, as a United fan, is that it was a penalty. But if my (today’s) understanding of VAR is right, it was correctly applied.
The ref obviously missed it.
It remains a mystery what clear and obvious is.
It was clear to me he pulled him down by the shoulder and that’s the main problem with VAR imo, it should be able to tell the ref he missed something.
As it stands all they do is agree with his decision
VAR should have told him to go have another look at least.

But the Burnley one was even worse his shirt was like a windsurfing sail.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The ref obviously missed it.
It remains a mystery what clear and obvious is.
It was clear to me he pulled him down by the shoulder and that’s the main problem with VAR imo, it should be able to tell the ref he missed something.
As it stands all they do is agree with his decision
VAR should have told him to go have another look at least.

But the Burnley one was even worse his shirt was like a windsurfing sail.

Absolutely no mystery at all; the more clear and obvious it is to the average fan, the less clear and obvious it is to the referee and VAR.

Unless it involves Harry Maguire in which case it is completely clear and obvious regardless of the circumstances that he is incapable of committing a foul.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Poor from reds tonight.
Really can’t understand why we play so high at the back when we have no pace there.
You just can’t give a player like Kroos that much time on the ball.

But have to say how the ref and VAR don’t think that’s a foul on Mane no attempt for the ball is a red card.