• Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, doesn't this show that AWB is clearly the better defender.

View attachment 36033
Without a shadow of a doubt AWB looks the best. But, his dribbled past rate is the worst of the lot. And when the golden waistcoat is playing 2 defensive midfielders he needs everyone to try and create And AWB is struggling. Agree re Walker may go, purely on the basis he is a senior who can tuck into a couple of places. Is he the best. Not for me.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without a shadow of a doubt AWB looks the best. But, his dribbled past rate is the worst of the lot. And when the golden waistcoat is playing 2 defensive midfielders he needs everyone to try and create And AWB is struggling. Agree re Walker may go, purely on the basis he is a senior who can tuck into a couple of places. Is he the best. Not for me.

I read it that his dribbled past rate was the best of the lot, in that he'd only been dribbled past by an opponent 11.5% of the time. Have I got that wrong and that's the amount of times he's dribbled past an opponent?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I read it that his dribbled past rate was the best of the lot, in that he'd only been dribbled past by an opponent 11.5% of the time. Have I got that wrong and that's the amount of times he's dribbled past an opponent?
Could well be the case ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best English right back choice. If he fully recovers from his injury its now got to be James Justin. Can also play left back and CB if required.

Feel really sorry for the lad as had he not got injured he would almost certainly made his England debut in the last round of internationals.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

If dribbling past was an asset, I'd be a shoe in for the team at my age

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It was a clear pen against Maguire

The only sensible observation really came, ironically, from Graham Potter.

He said it wasn’t a clear and obvious error, hence why VAR didn’t review it. And as such, he went on to say, had it been given VAR would not, if applied correctly, have overruled the decision to award the penalty.

My view, as a United fan, is that it was a penalty. But if my (today’s) understanding of VAR is right, it was correctly applied.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Some cracking points from Neville as why Trent might not go and why it wouldn't be the worst decision in the world
I understand it, you wouldn't play Trent against the big sides as he leaves too much space behind him. But not all our games are against those sides, I'd still take him and play him against the nations where we're favourites and need to create chances. I don't even know if you can say Walker or Trippier are better than him defensively - Wan-Bissaka probably is but he's not really been in the picture for England.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Created 49 chances this season, unfortunately for him we've replaced Raul with a statue. Sick of the stats about Traore without any context.

For me he is Antonio without the final product. Needs to work on that.

49 chances? Premier League stats say in his entire premier League career he has created 18 big chances , wheres that stat from?

If he gets his end product up he will develope into such a player due to his power

I'd like his fitness with Antonio's raw force

Screenshot_20210406-123649.jpgScreenshot_20210406-123656.jpg

Last season Vs this season

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Adama Traore looks excellent whenever I see him play. According to WhoScored.com he's making 1.4 key passes per game - which is exactly the same as Kane, who is the assist leader in the Premier League. He's also making 4.4 successful dribbles per game, which is comfortably the highest the league. I definitely think Wolves missing Jiminez is a huge factor, Willian Jose hasn't cut the mustard at all.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For me he is Antonio without the final product. Needs to work on that.

49 chances? Premier League stats say in his entire premier League career he has created 18 big chances , wheres that stat from?

If he gets his end product up he will develope into such a player due to his power

I'd like his fitness with Antonio's raw force

View attachment 36049View attachment 36050

Last season Vs this season

Antonio going off gave us a sniff, would've been 5 otherwise as he was bullying Coady and Saiss.

Big chances and Chances combined, as much football is more about stats (him especially) totals the 49. I'm not sure on the difference between the two.

His real issue this season is Raul and Jota both being unavailable, the amount of time he's beat his man and there's either nothing in the box to aim for or the rest are too slow to keep up has made him look rubbish, when looking at stats alone. But, I've watched every game and I'd rather have him in the team than not. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be with us next season.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Antonio going off gave us a sniff, would've been 5 otherwise as he was bullying Coady and Saiss.

Big chances and Chances combined, as much football is more about stats (him especially) totals the 49. I'm not sure on the difference between the two.

His real issue this season is Raul and Jota both being unavailable, the amount of time he's beat his man and there's either nothing in the box to aim for or the rest are too slow to keep up has made him look rubbish, when looking at stats alone. But, I've watched every game and I'd rather have him in the team than not. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be with us next season.

Surely that will depend on the asking price, if its anything like the numbers being bandied about last close season he'll almost certainly still be in your side next year

I mean who pays 70m for a winger without enough end product (oh yeah, sigh, we do)