The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The hypocrisy is infuriating isn’t it?

As is the lack of consistency - even in the same damm game!!!!

Forest have a penalty given against them when Murillo, while looking upwards at the flight of the ball, accidentally scrapes the back of the leg of a Fulham player. Ref doesn’t give it but VAR tell him to go and look again. And of course when you slow it right down and look at stills, it looks worse than it actually was.

Yet in the SAME game, the SAME ref waves this away as well and the SAME VAR team don’t see enough in it to ask him to take a second look.

I know we won’t get consistency on these soft challenges between different referee teams and different games. But is it REALLY too much to ask for consistency by the same team in the same game?!

For the record, I don’t think either were worthy of awarding a penalty. But if you give the first, how can you possibly not give the second????

I thought that was a stonewall penalty. Was surprised to hear the motd boys say they didn't think it was a pen.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Careful. You’ll be calling them “Plucky Little Ipswich” next!
Ha ha, I'm not a commentator/ pundit. It's whether they have the quality over a season to convert their chances. They have certainly created today. I hope at least 1 promoted team stays up, better for the league to have fresh teams.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Ha ha, I'm not a commentator/ pundit. It's whether they have the quality over a season to convert their chances. They have certainly created today. I hope at least 1 promoted team stays up, better for the league to have fresh teams.

Ipswich look more than capable of staying up with the way they are playing at the moment, they don’t appear to be scared of playing their own football and taking the game to the opposition

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He didn't get a red, he got a second yellow, leading to a red and totally different to getting a straight red card. How about some consistency in your commenting. See how difficult it is :)
Refs must be pedants as well then.
We discussed it enough to know what I meant .
But if you want the full explanation every time your going to be disappointed.

He got a red and that challenge was half of it.😳