The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Proper performance from Villa today! Shaw would be proud!

Solid at the back, lots of chances, 2 goals disallowed, 1 of which was very dubious. Other goals all taken very well, great showing in week 1 away and on a different pitch.

Top of the table before any more games are played 😂

UP THE VILLA
Pleased as punch for Villa. Proper club and particularly in the good books at the minute for sending us Alex Moreno who will end up being this season’s “never fall in love with a loan player”.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Pleased as punch for Villa. Proper club and particularly in the good books at the minute for sending us Alex Moreno who will end up being this season’s “never fall in love with a loan player”.

You'll be able to buy him - we have plenty of LB's

I really liked Moreno - seems like a really great personality and hes a quality footballer. Can score a few, great work rate and pace and a good football player. He just couldn't get in ahead of Digne and then we added Maatsen too!

We didn't even pay much for him so you're in for a steal too if he does move to you!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

If there was ever a player who shot from relative obscurity (international debut in April, 6th goal and Golden Boot in the World Cup in early July) then Toto was that player.

Like a meteor in the sky, he arrived, shone brightly but briefly, and faded away. But will forever be remembered for his exploits during the summer of 1990.

59...just a year older than me....starting to put my thinking about retirement into real focus.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If there was ever a player who shot from relative obscurity (international debut in April, 6th goal and Golden Boot in the World Cup in early July) then Toto was that player.

Like a meteor in the sky, he arrived, shone brightly but briefly, and faded away. But will forever be remembered for his exploits during the summer of 1990.

59...just a year older than me....starting to put my thinking about retirement into real focus.
Remember him on a Sky documentary about Italia 90 and his meteoric rise and performance. Very engaging on the programme and a sad loss at a young age

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You'll be able to buy him - we have plenty of LB's

I really liked Moreno - seems like a really great personality and hes a quality footballer. Can score a few, great work rate and pace and a good football player. He just couldn't get in ahead of Digne and then we added Maatsen too!

We didn't even pay much for him so you're in for a steal too if he does move to you!
He’s the wrong side of 30 but could definitely shore up that position for a few years for us!

On a different note, I see Slot’s still talking about little old Forest 3 days later. We’ve properly rattled him 😂😂😂 welcome to the big leagues pal, competition is a bit stiffer than the farmers league you’re used to 😅