The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Neither are great pundits. I think Garth makes Michael Owen look good
Michael Owen acknowledged that the challenge that wiped out Garnacho at the weekend was cynical and caught his knee. However, he didn't think it should be a red, but an "orange" card at worst.

Apparently the defender was simply trying to wipe out Garnacho, rather than injure him. And there ultimately needs to be contact to achieve that goal. He said there was no force in the challenge.

Not sure about other huma beings, but if I stub my toe on a stationary object, it hurts. So, if I was running full pelt and my knee collided with a stationary stud like object, I reckon that would sting as well. So, any sort of additional pave on that stud like object bound to be worse.

Really confused by Owen's opinion, as everyone else I've heard / seen seems to be in agreement with the referees call, except the Southampton player himself

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Michael Owen acknowledged that the challenge that wiped out Garnacho at the weekend was cynical and caught his knee. However, he didn't think it should be a red, but an "orange" card at worst.

Apparently the defender was simply trying to wipe out Garnacho, rather than injure him. And there ultimately needs to be contact to achieve that goal. He said there was no force in the challenge.

Not sure about other huma beings, but if I stub my toe on a stationary object, it hurts. So, if I was running full pelt and my knee collided with a stationary stud like object, I reckon that would sting as well. So, any sort of additional pave on that stud like object bound to be worse.

Really confused by Owen's opinion, as everyone else I've heard / seen seems to be in agreement with the referees call, except the Southampton player himself
Any footy fan should see that as red imo.
Do we want flair players unprotected from this ?
Or only ones on our own teams 😂

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Orange? If it deserved more than a yellow, the only option is red. Owen is… Mmm, least said…

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The club just want to rinse the fans for every penny they can. I buy the exact same shirt from DH gate for £13 that the club sell in the club shop for £80. I’m sure DH gate are making a fair profit but that’s not enough for greedy club owners, they want 1000% more profit.
Theyre definitely not “exactly the same”, but some of them are very good copies.

The badges being different to the acrisp club crest (some more subtle than others) and poor stitching is usually a giveaway.

not condoning the eye watering prices that adidas/nike charge (the clubs see barely any of it and make most of their money from the shirt sponsors), but the shirts from DH gate etc aren’t the exact same ones you’d get from the club shops

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of tongue-in-cheek annoyance from me as a Forest fan really!

Two Brighton players in there (defender and a midfielder) who played out a 0-0 draw at home with Ipswich. But no space for any Forest midfielders who stifled their Liverpool counterparts at Anfield or defenders who kept Mo Salah and pals in their pocket for the entire game.

And no manager award for Nuno despite his tactical masterclass against Slot, who was being collectively bum-licked by the entire media last week (including Deeney) for his “genius” outfoxing of a poor Man Utd side.

As said, just a tongue-in-cheek whinge! My butt isn’t hurt too bad! 🤣

How did JWP do? I'm willing to wager he will level the Beckham free kick record for you .. everytime he lined one up for us the pundits would mention the record as the ball narrowly missed.

I say his goal from a corner leveled it...was a "free kick" but no doubt will score a few for you guys

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

On first glance I thought it was a yellow, but the moment I saw how high the challenge was I had no doubt whatsoever that a red was the right call.

Stunned that a former pro, a striker at that, should think otherwise. But I place Michael Owen in the Gabby Agbonlahor bracket when it comes to punditry.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
On first glance I thought it was a yellow, but the moment I saw how high the challenge was I had no doubt whatsoever that a red was the right call.

Stunned that a former pro, a striker at that, should think otherwise. But I place Michael Owen in the Gabby Agbonlahor bracket when it comes to punditry.
Is that the Stephens tackle ?

Clear red , high and dangerous

And Agbonlahor has a bracket all on his own