The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All right backs going forward are covered by team mates, it’s the modern way, but he’s still a right back.

They haven’t invented a new position just for TAA and no team is built around giving him a free role.
Fair enough.

Now we have defenders ,midfield and strikers.
When’s the last time you heard the right winger / left winger, centre Half?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Why 🤷‍♂️ - is there any player that has a 100% pass completion, when you have someone hitting long passes there will be one that’s miss and get cut off

How about this from a different angle that helped create the first goal

Its the same pass/goal!!! Why are you trying to make out that TAA provided two defence splitting passes?

Obviously no player has a 100% pass completion rate...but there were so many from him that went astray, that to post (twice) one defence splitting pass in support of your golden boy, simply isn't representative of the contribution that he provides.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Its the same goal!!! Why are you trying to make out that TAA provided two defence splitting passes?

Obviously no player has a 100% pass completion rate...but there were so many from him that went astray, that to post (twice) one defence splitting pass in support of your golden boy, simply isn't representative of the contribution that he provides.

I know it’s from the same pass hence why I said “from a different angle” 🤦‍♂️

As for “so many”

81 out of 93 passes completed

15 out of 19 long passes completed

Christ why can’t England fans just clap and appreciate when a player plays well instead of looking to discect them to death looking for negatives

PaulMdj

Visit site
The negativity from some England fans is astounding, we won, with a new manager and at a canter.

So many positives tonight after the torturous years under Southgate. Some posters were whining why he didn’t play this player or that player etc during the Euros, some played tonight and absolutely no comment about them.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
What’s that got to do with Kane?
Nothing. I was just highlighting how a player can build an international career on a fleeting moment of brilliance, thus deceiving "management".

Kane (and im happy to acknowledge that ill stick my boot into him for dropping deep) has done so much more for his country than Barnes ever did.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think it is fair to say that me and Mr Southgate never saw eye to eye.

So moving onto the next stage under a new manager that won’t sing the national anthem.I was quite impressed. Yes there’s certainly room for improvement. I really did like how Grealish and Gordon linked up. If you factor into that team that Foden and Bellingham were not playing things for me looked promising. Whether it goes against the grain or not. Kane needs dropping.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pleased for Morgan Gibbs-White on his senior England debut.

In 14 minutes he created two chances. The only player who created more was Declan Rice (three) who played the entire 90 game.

👏👏👏

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It’s not just Trent - it’s modern fullbacks

The top teams have fullbacks that have a licence to go forward , overlapping and providing support , it needs quick strong CB’s to provide the cover. It’s why TAA has been given stick for his defending - but it’s because 9/10 he is high because the manager wants him high, he has though on occasions switched off to what’s over his right shoulder at times

What England need to decide is how the front 3 work - a false 9 dropping deep to then allow the wide players to take up the space and get a significant amount of the goals , or have a high forward to then have the wide players supplying the forwards

What seems to happen is Kane drops deep into that false 9 but the wide players then stay wide and don’t drop into the space

What the hell is a ground duel?

C7usk

Visit site
I didn't watch it, but the fact that Rice and Grealish got the goals is absolutely hilarious. Irish fans must have been seething. With our 40-cap Irish manager as well. 🤣
😂.. Yeah I bet the Irish were raging... They have been using the ancestry rules better than most throughout the years.. But to have 2 players who previously played for Ireland to score against them is gotta hurt..
Rice even played for the senior team.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Was pretty good in the 86 and 90 world cups though 👍
But he wasn't .

He didn't play in '86 until coming on as a late sub in the QF defeat by Argentina.

His contribution at the '88 Euros was similarly (not) worthy of praise. TBF every player was pretty dire in that tournament.

In '90 England struggled to get out of their group and at one stage it looked like lots were going to be needed to separate the teams. None of the team played well. The only decent game we played was against Cameroon and we nearly blew that one.