The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Because the previous manager was a touch clueless

Only a touch?

I would say it’s difficult to judge England today based on the opposition, but then this is precisely the sort of opposition we struggled to break down under Southgate’s management, especially towards the end of his tenure.

Totally in control, putting some nice moves together and, most notably, not trying to sit on an early lead.

Early days, but I might even get to enjoy international breaks again. They had become a turgid obstacle during the season.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Only a touch?

I would say it’s difficult to judge England today based on the opposition, but then this is precisely the sort of opposition we struggled to break down under Southgate’s management, especially towards the end of his tenure.

Totally in control, putting some nice moves together and, most notably, not trying to sit on an early lead.

Early days, but I might even get to enjoy international breaks again. They had become a turgid obstacle during the season.

Grealish , Saka and Gordon playing well and the full backs supporting , Trent floating into the middle a bit ( playing how he does for his club ) - Rice and Mainoo providing a platform - shame the forward keeps dropping deep

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well that was different.

Sat here, watching a glorious red sunset, cold beer in hand, surrounded by dozens (probably only 4 or 5 all flying around very fast...but seems like dozens) of bats and enjoying a England performance.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Yes some still don’t get he’s not really there to defend.
Leave that to the boys at the back.
He is playing in the role he does for us and it’s not a surprise a lot of the good stuff is going through him , pinging the balls all over the place. Good to see a manager putting in round pegs in round holes and playing to the players strengths.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Surprised Carsley hasn't made changes....things a bit stale in the second half...a few players a bit more conservative/Southgate like in their approach since half time.