The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Decent half, been a few England players half a yard off it, but Spain dominating possession as expected.
Yes set up for Watkins if we’re going to go long we need pace.

Just turning the ball over far to easy we need to keep hold of it.

Played ok though they havnt caused any major probs yet.

4LEX

Visit site
Great first half, let Spain run themselves into the ground and we've had the better of the attacks. Walker has been a beast and got Williams in his pocket. Shaw has been superb when you consider this is his first start since February!

Spain have been quality this tournament but are vastly overrated and Morata is doing his usual vanishing act in any game of note. If Rodri is injured this is ours for the taking. Keep it level until 70 mins and bring on fresh legs and Spain have very little on the bench attacking wise.

RichA

Visit site
Damn. Rio just said something I agree with. Saka is the key tonight. Given the right balls and either he'll skin the left back a few times or get him sent off.

4LEX

Visit site
And that for me was the best England half of the tournament. Organised, balanced helping to make Spain look ordinary at the moment.

Yep perfect set up and made them look bang average. Spain will come out strong in the second half, let's hope we can keep them at bay and land a few better punches on them.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Wish Saka would attack Cucarella before the Spanish have a chance to double up on him. Several times he's waited for Walker to make an overlap and by that time it is so congested there is nowhere for Saka to go Saka needs to commit Cucarella a bit more...I know he wants to cut in on his left but he is delaying too much.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cracked record alert.

Harry Kane is miles off the pace. Not in this game at all.
I said this right from the get go but the fan boys rallied and said he was a golden boot elect .. just think Watkins could have been in double figures if you follow his 1 in 2 opportunities and gave him all of Kane’s 🤭🤭 .. I’ll just get my coat now.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Yes set up for Watkins if we’re going to go long we need pace.

Just turning the ball over far to easy we need to keep hold of it.

Played ok though they havnt caused any major probs yet.
They’ve had 70% possession, no forward isolated on his own can make an impact.