The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Please, please make some changes. Drop Bellingham in alongside Rice, Foden at 10 and Gordon on the left. Or hook Foden as well and drop Palmer in there.

There must be England players on the bench watching this filth wandering what on earth they have done to warrant being overlooked.
Gallagher is on a yellow, gets one tonight, we’re back to experimenting for the next game.

Hook him off now and put Mainoo on alongside Rice, push Bellingham forward.

Swango1980

Visit site
Why did he take Shaw?? That has to be his worst decision of this tournament. What a twit. Twit. Twit. Twit.
Because it is worth the risk when there are no real natural left back alternatives. There must have been some sign that Shaw was nearing fitness, so he provably relied on the medical people's opinion as well

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought it was a big improvement, as TAA was absent. At least Gallagher was involved.

That being said, I didn't agree that Gallagher was the answer, as per my initial post today on the line up

Atleast we are in agreement that Gallagher isn’t the answer, and I also don’t think TAA should be playing in midfield.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Atleast we are in agreement that Gallagher isn’t the answer, and I also don’t think TAA should be playing in midfield.

Gallagher absolutely not the answer. I thought Gallagher might miss out on the squad altogether given how well Mainoo played pre-tournament. I simply can’t believe Southgate started Gallagher this evening.

Swango1980

Visit site
He’s the exact opposite of what England need. He’s the worst at slowing the game down.
Although if Southgate is insistent in slowing the game down with his tactics, at least Grealish would have been the perfect fit.

It is almost like someone else selected the squad to come to Euro's, but left it for Southgate to coach