The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When did the brand numbers start for players from the academy? I mean foden 47 .. is that him for life now? Rice 41.. he's even taken that number on at the new club

Clearly something to do with branding and sales
Trent still wears 66 as well. I guess a lot of them are superstitious and want to keep the number they wore when they broke through. Ledley King wore 26 his whole career, as did John Terry.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pep played that ederson sub very smart. Didn't take him off under concussion sub rules .. but got him off before he could go down again

He will then be available for Sunday (not that he will be needed) where if he had gone off it's 10 days isn't it? Or at least 7

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very interesting to watch the difference between how Foden tracks back and how Rashford tracks back. Foden is sprinting to try to get back while Rashford is often barely even jogging.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why is the penalty spot at Spurs so small?

On another note; Colch Jnr predicted 2-0 City tonight for the prediction league so won't be too upset if they stop scoring now.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pep played that ederson sub very smart. Didn't take him off under concussion sub rules .. but got him off before he could go down again

He will then be available for Sunday (not that he will be needed) where if he had gone off it's 10 days isn't it? Or at least 7
Tbf, I reckon I could keep goal for City on sunday without having any effect on the result.

4LEX

Visit site
Given how poor City have been, I wouldn't say Sunday is nailed on. Pressure clearly got to them tonight for large parts and who knows what will happen on Sunday?

Very unlikely but stranger things have happened.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given how poor City have been, I wouldn't say Sunday is nailed on. Pressure clearly got to them tonight for large parts and who knows what will happen on Sunday?

Very unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Have you seen us play? Sorry it's nailed on. We will not lay a finger on city

Yes going forward we can play ok but we have zouma and ogbonna at the back ATM

Zouma has a chronic knee issue and zero pace

Ogbonna is 4th choice and 36 this month . Also zero pace

Against that?

Chelsea beat us 5-0

It's going to be brutal

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Against that?

Chelsea beat us 5-0

It's going to be brutal
All this is true.
And I have enough filthy gooners in my life to be very happy that we do the decent thing.
But I can't deny that I'm very slightly miffed that the Citeh players and staff quite obviously think that they are 100% certain to roll us over. I meam, we're champions of europe f.fs

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All this is true.
And I have enough filthy gooners in my life to be very happy that we do the decent thing.
But I can't deny that I'm very slightly miffed that the Citeh players and staff quite obviously think that they are 100% certain to roll us over. I meam, we're champions of europe f.fs

If we had either of Dino's or aguard to inject a bit of pace I might fancy a cheeky draw as a farewell to sir David

But zouma and ogbonna? No ta .. one or the other with a faster player might work

Plus Alvarez has fallen out with Moyes after Chelsea is the word

4LEX

Visit site

Against that?

Chelsea beat us 5-0

It's going to be brutal

City didn't create much against a weak Spurs defence. One tap in and that was it. Pressure is on them Sunday and they almost bottled it against Villa a few years back who were a lesser level at the time compared to West Ham.

This isn't the same City as then either, very predictable.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Very interesting to watch the difference between how Foden tracks back and how Rashford tracks back. Foden is sprinting to try to get back while Rashford is often barely even jogging.

I’d go further than that by saying Rashford is often still on the deck, feigning injury.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Didn’t think being a city fan I would be this nervous

That above was posted on Facebook by a Chelsea pal of mine.

Joking aside.

Tash, aaaaaaaaand breathe.

Bloody hell that was nerve racking. That game was typical of City this year. At times we made it look easy other times. It was painful.
A spurs pal sent me a message. He went to the game and said we deserved it. The fact Ortega got man of the match for 25 minutes work told me otherwise.
My major concern now is KDB. Seriously hope he is ok for Sunday.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When did the brand numbers start for players from the academy? I mean foden 47 .. is that him for life now? Rice 41.. he's even taken that number on at the new club

Clearly something to do with branding and sales
Or identity. 👍

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Didn’t think being a city fan I would be this nervous

That above was posted on Facebook by a Chelsea pal of mine.

Joking aside.

Tash, aaaaaaaaand breathe.

Bloody hell that was nerve racking. That game was typical of City this year. At times we made it look easy other times. It was painful.
A spurs pal sent me a message. He went to the game and said we deserved it. The fact Ortega got man of the match for 25 minutes work told me otherwise.
My major concern now is KDB. Seriously hope he is ok for Sunday.

Up the city!