The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Not buying that as an excuse, sorry to your son. Klopp has been a top level manager for how many years now? And dealt with how many reporters and their questions in that time? With all that experience, if he can't deal with a "loaded" question like this (which wasn't even that "loaded" to be honest) without behaving the way he did then it's just testament to his true character - an odious, man-baby twonk.
Yeah. Klopp truly lets himself down in these moments. Like when he swears at the linesman, particularly on a weekend abuse of officials in Merseyside is in the media. But, as I mentioned the other day, I just don't think he is able to cope under the pressure when things don't work out well. Maybe he is starting to crumble under the pressure he created by his early success. Really good when expectations are lower, and you are given time to build something. But really bad once you hit a peak, expectations are high and then you start falling short of those expectations. At this point he just starts behaving like a child who isn't getting all the praise they think they should be getting

4LEX

Visit site
Klopp was just salty he'd seen his team lose a match they should've won. He's a winner and wanted to go out on a high, he's always had a slightly nasty side underneath that smile - it's part of what makes him one of the best managers of his generation. Sir Alex was the same and used to bully and intimidate interviewers after a bad defeat. I've seen Pep get clever with interviewers and respond badly to questions he doesn't like in a patronising tone.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, Gareth Southgate likely to bring Henderson and Phillips to Euro's.

Just a thought, any chance Mainoo could cause him a selection headache by the end of the season?
Well, since I posted the above, looks like Mainoo has done enough to get the attention of Southgate. He has been called up to the England squad

4LEX

Visit site
A Mainoo and Rice midfield pair in a 4231 is very well balanced. Gives Rice the freedom to attack and defend, while Bellingham can have a free role infront of them. Sadly we all know it'll be Henderson and Rice as that pair.

Mainoo at least deserves a start in one of these games.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of intl friendlies this time in the season. Players are leggy and carrying niggles.

Imagine the impact to the title race (or fa cup :p) if players got injured.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Sorry, but I’m not convinced on Mainoo just yet, yes, he’s been impressive this season at times, but still only 18.

Might get a few minutes coming on late as a sub, but hopefully it’ll be managed well.

We’re very good at “discovering” the next big player in England and put all sorts of unnecessary pressure on young players.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
To be honest if Mainoo plays and has a stormer of a game, it would give Southgate a massive headache. I honestly think he wants Henderson in that team.
That midfield of Mainoo, Rice and Bellingham is solid. Put Saka, Foden and Kane in front of that.
Walker, Stones, Maguire and an other and thats quite impressive.
But I just cannot see it happening.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If Mainoo even gets near playing at the Euros its laughable.

So many players deserve the spot over him but apparently playing for a very rich 6th place club is more important to Gareth than actual output in terms of goals and assists in the premier league.

Why do United fans always think they have the prodigal son?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Mainoo even gets near playing at the Euros its laughable.

So many players deserve the spot over him but apparently playing for a very rich 6th place club is more important to Gareth than actual output in terms of goals and assists in the premier league.

Why do United fans always think they have the prodigal son?

'So many' is a big shout ........................................ care to name them?