The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In fairness, if England ever becomes a one or 2 club league for decades, we'll all start laughing at the PL.
I was on about this yesterday.
Away from the FfP aspect of City. City based there football project on Barcelona. The one of 20 years ago not now. A large part of that was the academy. It has been phenomena.Not just producing players for Citys first team but also other clubs. A successful club is not just one that wins trophies.
At the same time as City got to the top of the tree.. Utd have been in free fall it has been an atrocious way to run a club whilst taking vast swathes of money out of it. They will not compete at the top for a good few years. Liverpool, again they have come so close over the last few years blowing up at the last minute. So the trophies City have could of been a good bit less had Liverpool finished off the Job.
That aside City are currently second in a table that has five teams within five points just past the half way stage. I think this season has been a stonker up to yet and would not like to see the Prem league be a one or two club league. That said I hope we make History and become the first team to win the old Div one and prem title four seasons on the spin.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Is it not already somewhere close, albeit with maybe not just two clubs. After all if it was ‘open for all’ to win then the debates, arguments and debates around FFP wouldn‘t be happening.
No, no and no.
liverpool Won the title 10 times in 15 seasons, or 11 in 18 seasons.
Utd won the title 11 times in 18 seasons.

There was no bitterness over those two dominating football. It has actually led to discussions of what is the greatest teams ever.

Swango1980

Visit site
Is it not already somewhere close, albeit with maybe not just two clubs. After all if it was ‘open for all’ to win then the debates, arguments and debates around FFP wouldn‘t be happening.
No.

There will usually be teams that dominate for several years, as it is inevitable purple patches can last through at least the time they've got a really good set of players and management.

Man Utd dominated through 90's and early 2000's, but still had teams like Blackburn, Newcastle and Arsenal challenging, and sometimes beating them. Whilst other clubs, like Liverpool, still had hope that they could challenge. Now City and Liverpool are best 2 teams generally, yet you have Arsenal, Spurs, Villa and Man Utd getting up there, and having some hope.

That is completely different to Scotland. The last time a club won the league that wasn't Rangers or Celtic was 1985. Nearly 40 years ago. It really is an awful awful league for a neutral. Even worse when Rangers got kicked out of it. Not sure how I'd feel if I was a Celtic fan. Interesting thought. On one hand, I want Man Utd to win the league by miles every single year. Yet if it actually happened, I'd imagine I'd become numb to success, and actually not enjoy it much. Maybe going through tough times makes the good times sweeter.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, no and no.
liverpool Won the title 10 times in 15 seasons, or 11 in 18 seasons.
Utd won the title 11 times in 18 seasons.

There was no bitterness over those two dominating football. It has actually led to discussions of what is the greatest teams ever.
No bitterness are you having a laugh.😆

Maybe not from you but just read the comments from others on here.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Away from the FfP aspect of City. City based there football project on Barcelona. The one of 20 years ago not now. A large part of that was the academy. It has been phenomena.Not just producing players for Citys first team but also other clubs. A successful club is not just one that wins trophies.
At the same time as City got to the top of the tree.. Utd have been in free fall it has been an atrocious way to run a club whilst taking vast swathes of money out of it. They will not compete at the top for a good few years. Liverpool, again they have come so close over the last few years blowing up at the last minute. So the trophies City have could of been a good bit less had Liverpool finished off the Job.
That aside City are currently second in a table that has five teams within five points just past the half way stage. I think this season has been a stonker up to yet and would not like to see the Prem league be a one or two club league. That said I hope we make History and become the first team to win the old Div one and prem title four seasons on the spin.
I don’t understand how you can say “away from the FFP aspect” though. Without the most obvious financial doping there wouldn’t be a phenomenal academy, there wouldn’t be sponsorship deals of astronomical value due to the league wins of the last decade, because initial funds wouldn’t have been there.

“Away from the ffp aspect” there is no reasonable argument for what City have achieved.

D

Deleted member 15344

When did Liverpool “blow up” at the last minute ?

And you can’t ignore FFP when breaking it is the reason why the club is where it is

As for academy

IMG_7378.jpeg

Tashyboy

Visit site
I don’t understand how you can say “away from the FFP aspect” though. Without the most obvious financial doping there wouldn’t be a phenomenal academy, there wouldn’t be sponsorship deals of astronomical value due to the league wins of the last decade, because initial funds wouldn’t have been there.

“Away from the ffp aspect” there is no reasonable argument for what City have achieved.
That’s your opinion. However the academy has made City over £100 million. That’s Profit. That’s a phenomenal achievement.
And the obvious financial doping. 🤔 a link would help. Like I say, do I think City are guilty of FFP. yes. Do I care that Platini and the Corrupt UEFA Instigated FFP. No. And for the record which Big clubs had gone bust before FFP was instigated.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Not sure anyone expects success at all. Except City fans, which is fair enough given recent years results, and off the back of a treble.
Nope I don’t know a city fan that has the arrogance of other clubs fans that they expect success. In fact most fans I know are in the category of “ I cannot believe it”.