The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
Haha
My immediate thought when the through ball was played was "I hope that isn't Fornals"...
Was delighted it was Bowen, but even he scuffed it a bit!

Genuinely moved to see the communal singing at the end. Moments like these are what supporters of bang average teams dream about. It means so much.
WInning trophies never tires for any club. I will always remember that glorius day the mighty Oxford won the Milk Cup.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha.
He's such a good player for West Ham.
No doubt when the press have finished selling Declan for us (I swear the commentator this evening had moved him on before he'd even lifted the trophy), they'll move on to flogging Bowen.

I honestly think Bowen is more important for us. Rice is great but Bowen is irreplaceable

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The morning after the night before.

What a night. Did I sleep? Did I heck 😂 but that buzzing feeling hasn't left.

Phones been pinging all night (a few concerns I was gonna blow out this morning lol 😆)

The cup nobody wanted a year ago, spurs never took seriously last year but when I was sitting there with my dad last night watching the game and Bowen scored that last min (well last 10 min Jezz ref you dragged that out) did I care? Did I heck.

I never thought I'd see my team win a trophy, came close in 2006 with the fa cup and then last year thought that's it we got nothing now. however they done fantastically well

Shout out to Florentina , they played their part, once that pen went in that final was fantastic. The play acting stopped and we had a proper game.

Fully condemn the morons who threw stuff. Takes the gloss off the finish slightly but also just is pathetic to see.

Time to have that first cuppa , transfer the washing to the tumble and unload the dishwasher before the hour drive in. Life goes on. But hey an extra pep In the step. Will prob never even reach another final in my lifetime (36) but I'll never forget prague.

Coyi

D

Deleted member 18121

Phones been pinging all night (a few concerns I was gonna blow out this morning lol 😆)

The cup nobody wanted a year ago, spurs never took seriously last year but when I was sitting there with my dad last night watching the game and Bowen scored that last min (well last 10 min Jezz ref you dragged that out) did I care? Did I heck.

I never thought I'd see my team win a trophy, came close in 2006 with the fa cup and then last year thought that's it we got nothing now. however they done fantastically well

Shout out to Florentina , they played their part, once that pen went in that final was fantastic. The play acting stopped and we had a proper game.

Fully condemn the morons who threw stuff. Takes the gloss off the finish slightly but also just is pathetic to see.

Time to have that first cuppa , transfer the washing to the tumble and unload the dishwasher before the hour drive in. Life goes on. But hey an extra pep In the step. Will prob never even reach another final in my lifetime (36) but I'll never forget prague.

Coyi

I assume you're going about your business in full first team kit? Shin pads n all?

D

Deleted member 18121

To be fair I already push my luck with smart golf polos .. I may try and sign in as massive and sneak it into my Comms 😆😆
At least try and shoe horn in the pun "bowen arrow" at some point today... I particularly enjoyed that one.

D

Deleted member 31467

Coyi
Perfectly summed up.....the cup nobody wanted 👍

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At least try and shoe horn in the pun "bowen arrow" at some point today... I particularly enjoyed that one.

I'm sure I can get something in 😂 my colleague mid incident has given train 007 the licence to proceed before so I'm sure I can shoe horn in a rice pun..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perfectly summed up.....the cup nobody wanted 👍

Had a bet mid season last year with a man united supporting colleague that we would finish above them .. well I took up his offer of a bet

It went to last day ofc .. we mucked it up ..

His remarks when I paid "yeah I can live with Europa didn't fancy the conference"

His tune is very different today

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done West Ham. Silverware is silverware. Still got to get to a final and win it. I recall watching City play Chelsea in the Full Members Cup final at Wembley. I was gutted at the result but hellfire I got to go to a Wembley final with my team (bearing in mind this was 1986 City!). That day stayed with me forever - and we lost!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done West Ham. Silverware is silverware. Still got to get to a final and win it. I recall watching City play Chelsea in the Full Members Cup final at Wembley. I was gutted at the result but hellfire I got to go to a Wembley final with my team (bearing in mind this was 1986 City!). That day stayed with me forever - and we lost!!

I have been to two out of three of our play off finals. That was a great feeling (the 2nd I went to not the 1st)

Wins a win and to actually achieve something from it is unreal , we get that trophy , but what's the real key is we have now qualified for Europe (in one league or another) for 3 seasons on the spin..that means our shopping list to replace rice etc becomes a diff level from the list if we had lost

We also can use that to grow, spurs used Europa to secure champs league over time. They blooded kane in Europa if i remember rightly ?

It's a diff era for the club. Before we did Europa twice and got knocked out twice to astra .. (who aren't even a team anymore!!!) But since Moyes we have qualified 3 times , got to the semis last year. Won it this year and next year? Hell get to the quarters would be fantastic

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s the same as the old cup winners cup , still a trophy and for players it’s a medal around their neck and a reward for doing well. It may not be the CL or even the Europa Lge but it’s the same as the Lge Cup - it goes on an honours board etc and Moyes and his players can say they won’t a trophy of note - the fans will rightly celebrate it

It’s a shame that the headlines at the moment are about the fan fighting police last night

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s the same as the old cup winners cup , still a trophy and for players it’s a medal around their neck and a reward for doing well. It may not be the CL or even the Europa Lge but it’s the same as the Lge Cup - it goes on an honours board etc and Moyes and his players can say they won’t a trophy of note - the fans will rightly celebrate it

It’s a shame that the headlines at the moment are about the fan fighting police last night

Really? Watched BBC all morning and only minor mention of the issues and main focus on the positives for West Ham and their fans...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really? Watched BBC all morning and only minor mention of the issues and main focus on the positives for West Ham and their fans...

todays headlines tomorrows chip paper as they used to say

I havent seen a bit about fan and police. Ive seen the italians arrested pre game and the throwing but majority of it has been about the win

just like the semis, how much is remembered of crowd trouble now? all that really goes down is the trophy win

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
todays headlines tomorrows chip paper as they used to say

I havent seen a bit about fan and police. Ive seen the italians arrested pre game and the throwing but majority of it has been about the win

just like the semis, how much is remembered of crowd trouble now? all that really goes down is the trophy win

Yep. It is worthy of mention of course and ideally there'd be zero trouble BUT there's much to be said for focussing on the positives, of which there were many (y)