The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’m guessing you think “whataboutary” means that’s it’s ok for City to ignore the rules set out ?

So it’s ok for City to break the rules if you believe it’s been set up to protect some clubs - even though for those rules to pass I believe it needs at least 14/16 clubs to vote in favour of it

The people involved in corruption within UEFA and FIFA were all found guilty with people being sent to prison - guess you will be fully behind any sentences carried out towards City if found guilty

As for Chelsea - they will need to balance the books over the period of the players contracts they have bought

What do Salford and Wrexham have to do with it 🤷‍♂️
If only every club was as squeaky clean as Liverpool fc & it owners 🤦‍♂️😂

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Honestly not that worried about FFP. Football made itself a money game, let those with it spend what they like. Until you level the playing field across the whole league with a realistic spending cap it will never be a level playing field so let clubs spend what they like after all, the only way now to get to the very top is to have a few billion to spend. Be interesting to see how some of the current 'bigger' clubs react to be asset stripped by a bigger financial fish. Not sure that the top 4 or those challenging for the champions League would be much different

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Honestly not that worried about FFP. Football made itself a money game, let those with it spend what they like. Until you level the playing field across the whole league with a realistic spending cap it will never be a level playing field so let clubs spend what they like after all, the only way now to get to the very top is to have a few billion to spend. Be interesting to see how some of the current 'bigger' clubs react to be asset stripped by a bigger financial fish. Not sure that the top 4 or those challenging for the champions League would be much different
spot on,the ones that seem to care about it are the ones that don’t want anyone crashing the party.
How else would the likes of City & Newcastle compete with Man Utd,Arsenal & Liverpool?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
spot on,the ones that seem to care about it are the ones that don’t want anyone crashing the party.
How else would the likes of City & Newcastle compete with Man Utd,Arsenal & Liverpool?

Would love to see a billionaire buy the most unfashionable league two club and buy their way to the top of the prem just to see if it could be done. That would be interesting

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you pay you tv licence money to the BBC?

Do you really think I’m daft enough to not see where you’re going with that question?

So let me stop you before you make an even bigger arse of yourself and attempt an absolutely pathetic and idiotic point by association. I used to have a friend who was sexually abused by Jimmy Saville. It scarred them for life. Child abuse is not a trivial or laughing matter.

And, yes, of course I pay my TV licence.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If/when City get found Guilty/ not guilty. Maybe the clubs that took money/ oil money/ owners money off City for players bought from Liverpool etc. They should give it back 😁

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Do you really think I’m daft enough to not see where you’re going with that question?

So let me stop you before you make an even bigger arse of yourself and attempt an absolutely pathetic and idiotic point by association. I used to have a friend who was sexually abused by Jimmy Saville. It scarred them for life. Child abuse is not a trivial or laughing matter.

And, yes, of course I pay my TV licence.
Well the bbc covered all that up.
Along with others on their pay roll.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
PS,I wasn’t the one that brought up the “pathetic & idiotic point for point scoring”
But at least my points are facts rather than assumptions 👍🏻👍🏻

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If/when City get found Guilty/ not guilty. Maybe the clubs that took money/ oil money/ owners money off City for players bought from Liverpool etc. They should give it back 😁
Surprised they’re happy paying money for their sky subscription,Which then gets passed onto Chelsea,City & Newcastle.
Do they not know what they’re funding 🤷‍♂️.
Should just go to the games & give their money direct to “their club” 🤷‍♂️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Utterly grotty final.

Neither team comes out of it with much credit. The antics of Roma's bench has been hilarious...in a bad way. Not sure either team really deserved it but perhaps Sevilla had the edge in the second half and in extra time.

Hopefully West Ham v Fiorentina will be a bit more entertaining but whatever the result I hope that the Hammers dont succumb to "continental dark arts".