The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
New Leeds manager Sam Allardyce: "Too many people think I'm old and antiquated. But nobody is ahead of me in football terms. Not Klopp, not Pep, not Arteta. Not saying I'm better than them, but I'm as good as them."

The four games he was in charge

Lost , Lost , Draw , Lost

Great 1 point from 12 😂😂

I won’t miss Leeds, Phil. I say that both as a Man United fan and as someone who policed Premier League games involving them more than once. Their fans are right up there with the nastiest I have ever encountered.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I won’t miss Leeds, Phil. I say that both as a Man United fan and as someone who policed Premier League games involving them more than once. Their fans are right up there with the nastiest I have ever encountered.

Agreed. I was at the OT match many years ago when they did the dam busters motions during the minutes silence for the anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

I remember the police cordon appearing out of nowhere guiding the Leeds fans to the away end. They were hurling abuse and spitting at mum and I. I was 14/15 at the time. Yes I know its the minority but there were hundreds of them all doing the same thing.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
Agreed. I was at the OT match many years ago when they did the dam busters motions during the minutes silence for the anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

I remember the police cordon appearing out of nowhere guiding the Leeds fans to the away end. They were hurling abuse and spitting at mum and I. I was 14/15 at the time. Yes I know its the minority but there were hundreds of them all doing the same thing.
Manchester fans havent been squeaky clean respecting minutes silence in recent history neither. 2 wrongs certainly dont make a right.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
I guess the table as it stood on the last day doesn't lie and maybe it's right it ended up that way too.

Very tense.

I have an inexplicable dislike of Leicester and think it's the Vardy effect - Mrs rather than Mr but never been that keen on him. Funny old game...
Bit of a strange reason to dislike a football club based on the dislike of 1 player and his repulsive wife.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
They are not alone. I say this as a fan who only attends international games nowadays but football does bring out the worst of people, not all tho. There seems to be a healthy minority who think behaving tbe way they do is acceptable. Its almost like a cult and when they don their colours and they meet up its like they must turn into absolute lunatics. I've been on the tube and had the unpleasant company of many fans travelling to their midweek away games. I often look at them and i would imagine most who behave the way they do in a group are actually better people then those they portray to be.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
They are not alone. I say this as a fan who only attends international games nowadays but football does bring out the worst of people, not all tho. There seems to be a healthy minority who think behaving tbe way they do is acceptable. Its almost like a cult and when they don their colours and they meet up its like they must turn into absolute lunatics. I've been on the tube and had the unpleasant company of many fans travelling to their midweek away games. I often look at them and i would imagine most who behave the way they do in a group are actually better people then those they portray to be.

They’re certainly not alone, but up there with the nastiest, as I say. Had more than one pitched battle in the streets near the ground in my old Force area. Some of my scariest moments in a police uniform. They genuinely meant to cause us and the home fans some really serious harm.

The other fans we also had to be ready for were those from Birmingham City. Another properly nasty lot back in the day.

D

Deleted member 15344

In recent years a lot of that has come from England fans as well - the scenes at the recent Euros final a particular highlight or should I say lowlight

A lot of clubs have tried to get the crowds a lot more family orientated to reduce the level of trouble at the games and on the whole it’s worked

But as we saw with the recent West Ham stuff a lot of the old school firms are still active - they just battle away from the grounds now

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They’re certainly not alone, but up there with the nastiest, as I say. Had more than one pitched battle in the streets near the ground in my old Force area. Some of my scariest moments in a police uniform. They genuinely meant to cause us and the home fans some really serious harm.

The other fans we also had to be ready for were those from Birmingham City. Another properly nasty lot back in the day.

I watched City v Birmingham good few seasons back. Apparently the Birmingham fans have a notorious episode in their hooligan history which involves “ Zulus”. When they played City it was an anniversary date so a lot of the older thugs turned up. It was like the bad days of the 70’s and 80’s. They were grade one planks.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last gig for Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday. 😔

He's been part of the furniture for years. He's been immense. Thanks Jeff 👏👍
Sat next to Jeff on a flight to Dubai, absolute gent 👍🏻
I saw him at the theatre this week, an evening with......... He was very good, a smooth and funny story teller. He has been excellent on Soccer Saturday, a real professional and comes across as a decent guy.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Any update when Man City are going to get relegated Phil 😂

I was being semi- serious after Wigan being deducted points , why is the outcome of City’s alleged corruption taking so long.

D

Deleted member 15344

I was being semi- serious after Wigan being deducted points , why is the outcome of City’s alleged corruption taking so long.

It’s gone to an independent commission this time as opposed to the FA’s own panel

City have started the delay tactics already , the accusations of the head being bias because he is an Arsenal fan , trying to discredit how the evidence was gained ( as opposed to the actual evidence)

The delay worked with UEFA but won’t help with this investigation, there is no CAS as well, so it potentially could be a long process if City keep finding ways to delay it - which is surprising when you hear Pep wanting it sorted quickly

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

wouldnt surprise me if very little punishment was handed out.. uefa litterally cant afford the legal fees to take on city and psg who are backed by an entire countries finances

D

Deleted member 15344

wouldnt surprise me if very little punishment was handed out.. uefa litterally cant afford the legal fees to take on city and psg who are backed by an entire countries finances

What does it have to do with UEFA ?

The Premier League have charged them and it’s with an independent panel

D

Deleted member 15344

My apologies the premier league can't afford the legal fees.

It will be another weak punishment

That’s why the Premier League have taken it to the independent panel and why it’s different process to the UEFA Charges. It’s up to the independent panel to come up with the recommendations of any punishments - no appeal process , no legal fees etc