The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I liked @ColchesterFC 's suggestion and I think that's the only way to do it. If you simply starting throwing out cards for 'dives' then we go back to a world where defenders are putting in awful tackles and getting away with it. You need to still punish the bad tackle but also punish the forward if their reaction was way over the top.

To clarify again, Kane goes down and wins penalties for sure, but there is always some level of contact from the defender. If there wasn't he wouldn't get the decision.

to be fair.. you have one of the best "dark arts" masters front line now

was playing golf with a few spuds fans sunday.. they agreed son is class but one of the snide players about for a cheeky tackle.. leaving a foot in.. kane loves a go down easy and the old back into defender and now richarlson? all fantastic players ofc in their own right but jezz Dark Art FC lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
to be fair.. you have one of the best "dark arts" masters front line now

was playing golf with a few spuds fans sunday.. they agreed son is class but one of the snide players about for a cheeky tackle.. leaving a foot in.. kane loves a go down easy and the old back into defender and now richarlson? all fantastic players ofc in their own right but jezz Dark Art FC lol
Yeah. Unfortunately you don't get anywhere without that. Just look at every Guardiola team, and the great Mourinho teams - even Wenger's best teams in his early years. All chock full of bastards. I think in the pre-Poch years one of our problems was always that we were too nice.

RichA

Visit site
FOREST supporters read on (apologies to the rest).
I ordered a couple of the new home shirts in different sizes when they were released, to make sure I got the right size. They've arrived today and I don't need the the LARGE. I'm aware that they have sold out in all sizes.
They cost £59.50 each. I got 10% off and free delivery so £59 to whoever wants it, so my postage is covered. DM me if interested. ??
02F1E259-2A2F-48FD-AB7A-FB25F3D5FF79.jpeg

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I ordered a couple of the new home shirts in different sizes when they were released, to make sure I got the right size. They've arrived today and I don't need the the LARGE. I'm aware that they have sold out in all sizes.
They cost £59.50 each. I got 10% off and free delivery so £59 to whoever wants it, so my postage is covered. DM me if interested. ??
View attachment 43612
I'll take this. I'll pm you now.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To the Forest fans out there, I take it you’ve heard the news that Aaron Ramsey has been released by Juve and is now a free agent?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
View attachment 43612
I'll take this. I'll pm you now.
Ah balls! I’d have had it if the XL that arrived today is too big. :-(

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I recall it might have been you, Rich, who suggested a pay as you play deal for Ramsey. That would be very smart business.

It wasn’t me that suggested it, but would be a smart move and something I could see them offering if it works for all parties.

Pleased with the Belgian midfielder we’re about to announce based on what I’ve heard.

I’m hearing rumblings about gibbs-white too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 43612

Question is do you have jlingz on The back?

Done deal!!

RichA

Visit site
Not that I want to talk you out of this, but bear in mind the Macron sizing is stupidly small because made for silly skinny Italians. Give the sizing guide a check.
I'm 42" chest and 34" waist and either would have been fine. I just chose the option that allows for a little more expansion.
It has a nice retro look about it, especially without a sponsor across the front. Best Forest kit since 1980. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm 42" chest and 34" waist and either would have been fine. I just chose the option that allows for a little more expansion.
It has a nice retro look about it, especially without a sponsor across the front. Best Forest kit since 1980. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon.

I really like the retro material they’ve used. It’s a really classy shirt. Will pick up an away shirt when I’m up for the West Ham game in a few weeks.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'd think public perception would have, to some extent, help put a stop to it. After all, type in Neymar into Google, and top of the list are lots of headlines of the media mocking him for his dive, and sharing the ridicule he is getting on social media. That cannot be good for his reputation. It cannot be good for PSG's reputation, so you'd think they'd ask their players to stop being morons. Not good for the French League either, or the Brazilian national team. When such a high profile players does that, it makes anyone or any organisation he is associated with look like idiots. Surely his sponsors don't like it, unless he has signed up for Speedos for Olympic divers.

The issue is, Neymar himself has no shame. It is players like him that many ridicule PSG and don't take them seriously. Style, no substance. It is also why, despite his technical ability, it is likely that most of the best / richest teams in the world wouldn't want him. As a United fan, I wouldn't want him at the club. I guess most other club fans from the top clubs may feel the same.

I do think some sort of ban for absolutely clear dives and feigning injury would be a good idea (would have to be extremely clear though, as sometime innocuous contact can actually be bloody painful, or make a player fall hard just based on upsetting their balance at pace). However, the damage to his legacy is always going to be much worse. Love or hate their clubs, most fans still have the upmost respect for the likes of Gerrard, Keane, Scholes, Henry, Zidane, etc because of their ability as a player. I think many will remember Neymar as a drama queen and a show pony.
Reading all the comments it’s clear the fans can see this.
The amount of contact is the key thing.
But the yellow card hasn’t worked.
Maybe bring back the diving panel on a Monday night live and have a proper look ,give them the power to refer to the FA / PL and actually do something about it.
If it’s the same players every week then they will be closely monitored and that might just make a difference.
Like golfers on the clock!

For the record my opinion of a dive is going down by choice contact or not when you could stay on your feet.
Not all contact is a foul.