The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

If you’re asking me whether getting your knickers in a twist over a player not even linked to your club, because he refers to himself as ‘JLingz’ (which just so happens to be the name of his clothing brand, so is just self promotion) , and because he does a few TikTok’s and snapchats, then yes, I’d say that’s over reacting.

Some on social media are crying like it’s their money that’s paying his wages ?

I could understand if it was Forest fans who were upset, but these are fans from other clubs; where this business will not affect them directly in the slightest ?. I find it all very odd.

Would everyone have over reacted if he’d gone to West Ham like everyone predicted?

I’m not sure what the issue is ?

I don’t see anyone overreacting but you’re being rather precious about how people are judging him

All I have said is that his is a decent Prem player , appears to have an overinflated ego about his ability ( same with Richarlinson ) and the guy acts like he is a world star on social media

You would think that Forest had signed Messi with the reactions - but it’s just a Lingard at the end of the day and he has prob found his leve.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure what the issue is ?

I don’t see anyone overreacting but you’re being rather precious about how people are judging him

All I have said is that his is a decent Prem player , appears to have an overinflated ego about his ability ( same with Richarlinson ) and the guy acts like he is a world star on social media

You would think that Forest had signed Messi with the reactions - but it’s just a Lingard at the end of the day and he has prob found his leve.

I have no issue at all, just pointing out that there seems to be a massive over reaction to us signing him. After 23 years out of the premier league, Lingard is a ‘big’ signing for Forest. We are under no illusion that we need fire power, creativity, experience and depth to survive in this league; Lingard *could* provide that. If he doesn’t, we’ve not lost much, and we’ll be in the same position we were at the start of last season. If he does, we stay up and are in a great position to push on. But some act like Forest aren’t a big enough club to sign him.

I’m not really a massive social media user outside of Twitter, so I don’t really get all of that backlash, as I don’t see it. But as long as he performs on the pitch and fits in with the squad, how he portrays himself outside of football is his own business (quite literally).

The only thing I’m defending is the business decision to sign him. I’d be less happy if we’d signed him on a multi year deal but the deal we’ve made makes sense for both sides (to me at least)

D

Deleted member 1740

I have no issue at all, just pointing out that there seems to be a massive over reaction to us signing him. After 23 years out of the premier league, Lingard is a ‘big’ signing for Forest. We are under no illusion that we need fire power, creativity, experience and depth to survive in this league; Lingard *could* provide that. If he doesn’t, we’ve not lost much, and we’ll be in the same position we were at the start of last season. If he does, we stay up and are in a great position to push on. But some act like Forest aren’t a big enough club to sign him.

I’m not really a massive social media user outside of Twitter, so I don’t really get all of that backlash, as I don’t see it. But as long as he performs on the pitch and fits in with the squad, how he portrays himself outside of football is his own business (quite literally).

The only thing I’m defending is the business decision to sign him. I’d be less happy if we’d signed him on a multi year deal but the deal we’ve made makes sense for both sides (to me at least)

Not many have overreacted.

The reported £180k is the biggest talking point. As you've stated its actually £80k with a load of bonuses inc. I think that style of contract should be the norm in football generally.

Enjoy the PL ride Jonathon.

D

Deleted member 15344

I haven’t really seen any overreacting - a lot were talking about his wages and the reports of £200k etc and turning down £160k etc from West Ham

Signing a year contract imo seems like someone who is looking to get something bigger but guess he will need to earn that.

I think the biggest issue will be his attitude and how he reacts when it’s a battle. Cooper is a good manager and I hope he keeps him in checkn

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not yet Tashy, me and the boy are 9448 on the waiting list??‍♂️??‍♂️
My lad got one for himself then heard on the grapevine there were some Left so he got two more behind Pep. Him
And grandson are having them and I am having his original seat. Will be an interesting start to the season. Cannot see me going to many games this season though.

D

Deleted member 1740

My lad got one for himself then heard on the grapevine there were some Left so he got two more behind Pep. Him
And grandson are having them and I am having his original seat. Will be an interesting start to the season. Cannot see me going to many games this season though.

When I’m telly clapping I’ll keep an eye out for him, I hope he has a tash aswell??

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I’m telly clapping I’ll keep an eye out for him, I hope he has a tash aswell??

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish?

When you're telly clapping, I hope you feel dirty ........................... just like the rest of us. ;)
Oh, and don't forget, your opinions won't count for squat! :eek:

D

Deleted member 1740

When you're telly clapping, I hope you feel dirty ........................... just like the rest of us. ;)
Oh, and don't forget, your opinions won't count for squat! :eek:

Pre season friendlies don't count?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I have your opinions on Aaron Ramsey from an Arsenal perspective? It’s looking likely we’re signing him. I know he’s had injury issues but he always looked too drawer whenever I’ve seen him
You have asked @fundy so I am aware I am jumping in a little. I was talking about Ramsey with my son at the weekend, class player, available. The key is surely what the deal is. You pretty much want him on a pay and play deal, heavily incentivised. His injury record is so poor now that to offer him a regular contract would be very poor business, imo. If he drops his wages, massively, and takes on pay and play then I think he will be smart business for you. As much as for around the dressing room, training, leadership on the pitch.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have asked @fundy so I am aware I am jumping in a little. I was talking about Ramsey with my son at the weekend, class player, available. The key is surely what the deal is. You pretty much want him on a pay and play deal, heavily incentivised. His injury record is so poor now that to offer him a regular contract would be very poor business, imo. If he drops his wages, massively, and takes on pay and play then I think he will be smart business for you. As much as for around the dressing room, training, leadership on the pitch.

This is essentially what they’ve done with Lingard (low basic that’s heavily incentivised), so I don’t see why it would be any different for someone like Ramsey. I can guarantee they won’t be paying him 300 thousand euros a week that he was on at Juve ??