The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Can be friends of members,

I know people who are buying hammers memberships now to get tickets for the Frankfurt game before general sale ..

Who's to say they aren't members who pay for a yearly membership? I used to have one £40 a year and prioty booking for cup games etc

I think you're underestimating the fan base size of Liverpool.if you're thinking that West ham's is even remotely comparable.

I would be amazed if any liverpool fan at Wembley today was at their first game of the season.

They have lots of glory hunting fans I'm sure. But those are at home.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you're underestimating the fan base size of Liverpool.if you're thinking that West ham's is even remotely comparable.

I would be amazed if any liverpool fan at Wembley today was at their first game of the season.

They have lots of glory hunting fans I'm sure. But those are at home.

But that's the thing, I'll use man United as another example

I know a fair few who travel from London to Manchester every game

My colleague has a man United season ticket lives in Uxbridge

So all those fans live here. So travel for them to wembly no issue

Man city don't have the wide spreading fan base yet.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Some are getting very obsessed with me - it’s both sweet and scary - maybe you both should find a hobby
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm certainly not!
Just surprised that YOUR (apparent) obsession doesn't convert to attendance of 'big' games!
It's 'surprise' as per the original post, that you have 'interpreted' as something else!
Deserved result btw. If assisted by something of an 'Oh F...' incident early on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

They don’t do boring games do they

not sure why Guardiola doesn’t make changes during the game - they are crying out for someone to be a focal point up top for them and whilst Grealish scored he was shocking for most of that game - will never understand why they paid £100mil for him when he wasn’t really needed - pay the extra £50mil and they could have had Kane

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But that's the thing, I'll use man United as another example

I know a fair few who travel from London to Manchester every game

My colleague has a man United season ticket lives in Uxbridge

So all those fans live here. So travel for them to wembly no issue

Man city don't have the wide spreading fan base yet.

That kind dispels your idea though.

If UTD can have fans travel to Manchester each week then I'm sure they can have plenty travel to London once a season.

Also, let's be honest. Those fans won't account for the amount city were missing today.

Any big club in England should fill their allocation of they truly claim to be a big club.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That kind dispels your idea though.

If UTD can have fans travel to Manchester each week then I'm sure they can have plenty travel to London once a season.

Also, let's be honest. Those fans won't account for the amount city were missing today.

Any big club in England should fill their allocation of they truly claim to be a big club.

Surely size of fanbase does not matter?

I mean recently the foxes have won the premier League and the FA cup. By trophies won I would say they are a bigger club than spurs but fan base wise? Spurs walk over them as do we but we are nothing compared

Newcastle massive fan base

Having a lot of fans doesn't make you a big club no?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Surely size of fanbase does not matter?

I mean recently the foxes have won the premier League and the FA cup. By trophies won I would say they are a bigger club than spurs but fan base wise? Spurs walk over them as do we but we are nothing compared

Newcastle massive fan base

Having a lot of fans doesn't make you a big club no?

It's not size. It's commitment of the fan base. City have more than enough to fill their allocation. They just chose not too. It isn't because pool filled their end with plastics.

I have no doubt if pool hadn't sold their allocation you'd have been all over em.

Anyways. The game is over now. At least this convo moved you on a little from petty point scoring.

You can go back to that now.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not size. It's commitment of the fan base. City have more than enough to fill their allocation. They just chose not too. It isn't because pool filled their end with plastics.

I have no doubt if pool hadn't sold their allocation you'd have been all over em.

Anyways. The game is over now. At least this convo moved you on a little from petty point scoring.

You can go back to that now.

I've never once called fans out for not selling tickets? It's a pathetic measure of preserved success

We will sell out the OS for Frankfort as we did Lyon does that make us a big team? No

I really don't give two hoots if Liverpool sell theirs or not same if city sell theirs or not.

Only one person seemed to care that city hadn't sold out and thought it was newsworthy

Not really is it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Looks like Oliver is being very lenient with the cards - both Fernandino and Silva have committed a number of late tackles that would have normally gone in the book ( almost like Atletico with their tactical fouling ??)

Oliver had a shocker. Good to see the protection of Fernandinho is still going strong....

4 tackles before a card came out and it should've been a red.

D

Deleted member 1740

Onto the game 1st half brilliant, 2nd half not so but done enough to win the game. Should've wrapped it up long before their 2nd.

Looking forward to another final and all focus on yernited Tuesday.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Location helps Liverpool, half of these fans will be from London / the south. No doubt about it . A chance to see their team without traveling far

Listen soft lad, you clearly havent got a clue what you're on about again. You have 3-4 posts on every page, and constantly show you havent got a clue.

Liverpool had a ballot based on previous attendance at a few of the games, whereas City offered 4 tickets to anyone. The people in the ballot would have had to be season ticket holders or had to have gone to a few previous games.

Whats your West ham affiliation - weren't you saying the other day that you would turn down some tickets for a QF, but would go to a SF or something?

You are the absolute worst footy fan - all over social media day in day out, hardly ever go the game, but first to sniff tickets out in the good times.

You're a disgrace, as well as clueless.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Listen soft lad, you clearly havent got a clue what you're on about again. You have 3-4 posts on every page, and constantly show you havent got a clue.

Liverpool had a ballot based on previous attendance at a few of the games, whereas City offered 4 tickets to anyone. The people in the ballot would have had to be season ticket holders or had to have gone to a few previous games.

Whats your West ham affiliation - weren't you saying the other day that you would turn down some tickets for a QF, but would go to a SF or something?

You are the absolute worst footy fan - all over social media day in day out, hardly ever go the game, but first to sniff tickets out in the good times.

You're a disgrace, as well as clueless.

Not at all

I purchased a QF ticket but when my friend couldn't make it I sold it (face value no profiteering)

He is available for the SF so we are getting tickets again.

Been a little thing call covid not sure if you have missed it? As to why I haven't been seeking out games

For reference Ive had a season ticket at upton park for 5 years before I gave it up to play more golf at weekends

3 of those seasons in the championship

Then gave it up and went to games ad-hoc ..

Was offered chance to be a season ticket holder this year with the same friend but I turned down as weekends are family time when not working.

Infact checking my email I last went 25th January 2020 to a FA cup tie vs west brom (awful game) so right before covid hit and like I said I haven't been to the stadium since. Or anywhere of that size.

But I forget .. unless you give up everything and focus on football your the 'worst' fan ever ..

Last edited: