The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
While Spurs of course have the 'Spursy' reputation, Arsenal are classics for playing brilliantly when they're chasing something, but once they get into a position where it's theirs to lose they fall apart again. The only way you'll finish fourth is by nicking it on the last day so you can't give it away again. :p

really? trophy cabinet seems to disagree, even during our barren years weve still managed to win the FA Cup a few times. Does sound like someone else you are describing though............ ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, I am. o_O You mean Steve Terry. :)

Digger was the most talent player I've seen at Watford, bar none. (y). Was too good for us and really glad he fulfilled his potential up at Liverpool.

Yep thats the fella, a very commanding centre half.....when not singing for Big Country in his spare time.

I loved Digger, can't believe that some think that Giggs in his prime was a better winger than Barnesy - unfathomable.

Quick, but strong as well, see Bryan Robson bounce off him once in a 60-40 challenge in Robson's favour, but could assist and score as well. He really did have end product.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
While Spurs of course have the 'Spursy' reputation, Arsenal are classics for playing brilliantly when they're chasing something, but once they get into a position where it's theirs to lose they fall apart again. The only way you'll finish fourth is by nicking it on the last day so you can't give it away again. :p
Well Arsenal, never even started to play 'averagely' last night - and they were chasing from quite early! Certainly a lot of credit to Viera and team for a fabulous effort, especially in defence. A couple of, supposedly, easier games might hoist them above Spurs, but that performance wouldn't give confidence. United probably have an even easier next couple of matches, but 3 toughies out of the 4 that follow. I still think they'll have enough to sneak past my lot (also with 3 toughies AND 2 Europa League matches), but hope otherwise.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yep thats the fella, a very commanding centre half.....when not singing for Big Country in his spare time.

I loved Digger, can't believe that some think that Giggs in his prime was a better winger than Barnesy - unfathomable.

Quick, but strong as well, see Bryan Robson bounce off him once in a 60-40 challenge in Robson's favour, but could assist and score as well. He really did have end product.

I can as only match goers actually got to see them back in the day.

Giggs was on the TV every week and Tarquin from Tunbridge wells never missed a game from his armchair.

D

Deleted member 1740

And yet, only one more win than Everton have. :unsure:

They've had 8 more draw's though. The old adage if you cant win, dont lose is working well for Viera ???

On a serious note, the difference in standard of football between the two teams is night and day.

Whenever teams are struggling down the bottom, the only way to change it is by keeping clean sheets. Then try winning the games.

Everton had that with Allardyce and they didnt like him neither.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seen lots of “Twitter” rumours that Salah has signed a new 4 year contract ????

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Tbf tho it seems Liverpool fans can’t handle anyone saying a opposition player is better than one of their own ?‍♂️
Some of the bed wetters on social media will argue all day long rather than just accept a difference of opinion.

D

Deleted member 15344

This is his favourite goal

That 87/88 Team was prob the best I have ever seen , the demolition of Forest was close to being the best 90mins seen

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
City had almost all the ball and the games been played predominantly in the Madrid half, in between Madrid time wasting over and over again. Not sure how hard City are gonna have to work really