The Flame Has Finally Died

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My mum lost her fight today. She'd been in a brilliant hospice for the last two weeks and had been receiving the most impeccable treatment imaginable. Even in the last 48 where she was on the Liverpool pathway and basically had her pain etc monitored and not really with it in the true sense they were there for her and for myself, my wife and her sisters.

In the end the end was very quick and very peaceful and she didn't seem to suffer. We were there which I hope was a crumb of comfort for her in the final moments. We had said our goodbyes and I've been prepared for the inevitable for a while. Hasn't made it any easier and kissing her head one last time as we took all her bits back to the car has wrenched my guts out. Feeling very lost and alone right now as I'm an only child and lost my dad in 2002 and my mum today. Hope I made her proud even thought I know I wasn't always an ideal son. Definitely plan to make her proud in every thing I do in the rest of my life.

Thank you for everything mum. Hope you loved me a fraction of the amount I loved you and hope you've met up with the old man and are keeping him in check already.

Thanks to everyone in the last few months that have commented and given support. Golf has been on the backburner for a while and will be for a tad longer but I'll still be on here as there is nothing like the biting wit and humour of the forum to raise a chuckle wahtever the circumstances and adversity.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
My thoughts are with you Homer. We had the funeral for my Nan & Grandad yesterday they died 2 weeks apart. It was hard but we all knew they were in a better place and at peace.

The hospital staff were brilliant and very compassionate at what was a very hard time for all the family.

Be strong Homer and remember all the good times, the memories are what keeps them with us always

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mum lost her fight today.
Thank you for everything mum. Hope you loved me a fraction of the amount I loved you and hope you've met up with the old man and are keeping him in check already.

Well said.

Our thoughts are with you, hang in there M. You did good :)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Homer,

These threads are the type that lots of people ead and run, many people struggle to find the words to say at times of sad news and I am no different however all I will say to you is stay strong for yourself if you can and let any weakness in emotions show themselves too, it wont you any lesser a man or son. It's tough to lose your mum in any circumstances and genuinely feel for you and your family at this sad time. Some forum members know that I lost my mum suddenly this month at just 60 and im not going to say i know how you feel as I didnt lose my mum like you just have but I do understand what you are going through.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Lost my mother years ago, when I was 25. Mother in law last year, and a few other close family members recently too. Not a good time, but it does pass on, and things do pick up quite soon. Chin up, bear with it, you'll be ok. Remember the good times. That's the important bit.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Homer
Obviously I don't know you personally but I lost my Mum 2 years ago, and then my Dad last christmas so I know what you're going through. Like you I like to think that having been married over 40 years they are back together somewhere.
You have my deepest sympathies at what is a very difficult time.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hey Homer, Buddy, you did good, you were there and you saw it through, you knew it was coming and that is hard.

No shame in being upset, real men aren't afraid to cry,

Keep hold of the good memories mate

Thinking of you at this sad time

Fragger

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
words arent enough Homer. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Kissing your mum on the forehead one last time struck a strong emotion with me, you'll always remember that and I'd like to think your mum knew you did it also.

As others have said, remember the good times, I'm sure there were many.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I lost my great auntie who was like a second mum to me earlier this year. She took a few days to pass on, and I was holding her hand when she finally went at the age of 87. Ripped my heart out.

Thoughts are with you fella. Remember the great times.

D

Deleted member 1740

My thoughts are with you Homer, I lost my dad when I was 12 and that was heartbreaking enough.

Keep strong fella.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear your sad news Homer, thoughts are with you.

I lost my mother to cancer when I was in my early 20s, not pleasant. Make sure that even though you knew it was coming, that you dont think you have dealt with it and fully grieve.

As many have said, remember the good times, and be mindful when its tough