The embarrasment, the shame!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I was a guest at a business society round last weekend at my home club. There was no one in front of us when we tee'd off for at least 3 or 4 holes clear ahead. We were the first 4 ball in a group of 3 four balls. We tee'd off on time.

Considering that we had a clear track all the way round, we ended up causing a huge back up behind the last of the 4 balls. Five hours, yep 5 hours to play a round of golf with a clear track in front, and it was all down to one person.

I even tried geeing things along with the organiser of the day, and his reply was that 'he' was always this slow.

I didn't play well at all, as the pace just screwed my rythem up completly. I felt sorry for the members 'trapped' behind this slow snaking train, and I have to show my face again down the club?!!

Societies should not be allowed on the track during the weekends, even if that does mean me once a year for me.
(See earlier thread re society rants!)

I just feel that I'd be tarnished with the same brush as I was in that very slow first group. But as I said it was all down to one person.

Lowest score ever of only 17 as well, just to add insult to injury, I was so hacked off I almost left the clubs in the bin outside the pro shop.

To add insult to injury, I then went to an '80s party where the live band could only play '70s rock music, Quo, Quattro, The Sweet. AAAHHhahahahah!!!!!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
That sounds like a nightmare fella, but a whip might have been needed.

I play with a fella from work who insists on a 5 minutes conversation at each tee no matter who is behind, last time we had a two ball behind and he insisted on chatting and spening forever looking for his balls, I got to the point on the back 9 that I said look we have to get moving we are holding up the course, the reason I snapped was because I had tee'd off and he was chatting about this and that and not even bothered to get his club ready, he then skied it and blamed me grrr

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a smilar experience , I organised a golf day for my work at my club earlier this year. We have a slot allocated every Tuesday for societies so the members are always aware. My mare was that as even thought I explained dress code etc in an e-mail to everyone . . . . one person walked into the dining room for his bacon butty wearing his spikes!, one person walked in on his mobile and 2 others in jeans. Never again