The EFL Thread

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any Norwich fans can give a scouting report on Adam Idah, is he any good?

He’s ok, difficult to really judge as he’s never had an extended run of starts in the first team.

He should have gone out on loan a few seasons ago to spend a year starting every week. I think he was due to go in early 2020, then scored a hatrick at Preston in the cup so was kept in the squad.

My view is that he doesn’t use his obvious physical attributes as well as he should. Clearly he’s capable of scoring, has a decent touch, just doesn’t seem to be as much of a handful to play against as it seems he should.

In his time at Norwich pukki kept him out of the side then Sargent has kept him out. The move to Celtic is a strange one as it seems unlikely he’ll get a great deal more minutes there than he would have at Norwich.

Decent debut off the bench yesterday, maybe a fresh start will ignite his career? It hasn’t really happened at NCFC.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spireites playing Eastleigh away today. Eastleigh mid-table but Chesterfield are top of National League and 16pts clear of Bromley with two games in hand so seems they are a step up from rest of league….should be an away win. If it wasn’t for golf today I’d pop down - but will look to get to next home game when I’m at MiLs.
I think we need a dedicated non-league thread!

I’ve been to quite a few tonbridge angels games the last couple of seasons, it’s great.

Love being able to walk to the ground in 10 mins, enjoy a pint on the sidelines watching the game, and switch ends at halftime.

With so many clubs using artificial pitches now, the quality of football in increasing too. No more slugging it out in the winter on slow, claggy pitches, or losing weeks at a time due to water logging / freezing conditions

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think we need a dedicated non-league thread!

I’ve been to quite a few tonbridge angels games the last couple of seasons, it’s great.

Love being able to walk to the ground in 10 mins, enjoy a pint on the sidelines watching the game, and switch ends at halftime.

With so many clubs using artificial pitches now, the quality of football in increasing too. No more slugging it out in the winter on slow, claggy pitches, or losing weeks at a time due to water logging / freezing conditions
Spirerites now 19 pts clear with game in hand - albeit after a rather less than dominant performance when winning away to Eastleigh. Not sure if they still have to play Shots just down the road from me…need to check as there are a good number of Shots fans in my club.

My town club Farnham Town has always just been a little local club plodding away, with the clubs highlight probably being the visit of AFC Wimbledon with 1,500 fans when that new club was climbing the leagues.

But just recently a couple of local monied businessmen have come on board and are investing heavily into the club, with a new 210 standing stand just received planning permission. With the existing, though only a year or two old, 260 cap seated stand, and an old tiny stand, there will be covered stands for near 500.

The games now regularly get over 500 (local derbies against Alton and Camberley attracting near 1,000) when just a few years ago they were doing well to get 100. Quite a lot of football fans in the town have started going to games for exactly the reasons you give, and I may start going myself.

Last edited:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spirerites now 19 pts clear with game in hand - albeit after a rather less than dominant performance when winning away to Eastleigh. Not sure if they still have to play Shots must down the road…need to check as there are a good number of Shots fans in my club.

My town club Farnham Town has always just been a little local club plodding away, with the clubs highlight probably being the visit of AFC Wimbledon with 1,500 fans when that new club was climbing the leagues.

But just recently a couple of local monied businessmen have come on board and are investing heavily into the club, with a new 210 standing stand just received planning permission. With the existing, though only a year or two old, 260 cap seated stand, and an old tiny stand, there will be covered stands for near 400

The games now regularly get over 500 (local derbies against Alton and Camberley attracting near 1,000) when just a few years ago they were doing well to get 100. Quite a lot of football fans in the town have started going to games for exactly the reasons you give, and I may start going myself.
That sounds great for the club! Tonbridge attendances are generally up quite a bit, regularly hitting 1300 which used to be reserved for big games only. 2800 were there on Boxing Day for the derby with Maidstone, a record. Not a bad last minute equaliser for the angels either….

pompeybandit

Visit site
A good night for Pompey last night without actually playing. Exeter beating Posh, net gain of three points on Posh without stepping on the pitch.
Bolton’s game being abandoned after less than 10 mins due to waterlogged pitch, adding to their serious fixture congestion in March.
Stevenage loosing at home to Reading.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just seen Leeds first goal against Rotherham yesterday - Bamford clearly elbows the ball past the keeper and then ’admits’ to cheating by mimicking the action in his celebration 🤬 How the officials missed it is amazing, wish we had VAR in the championship 🫣

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just seen Leeds first goal against Rotherham yesterday - Bamford clearly elbows the ball past the keeper and then ’admits’ to cheating by mimicking the action in his celebration 🤬 How the officials missed it is amazing, wish we had VAR in the championship 🫣
Great finish from an in form Paddy. 🤣

I would be raging if it happened against us. But it made up for the blatant pens we didn’t get.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great finish from an in form Paddy. 🤣

I would be raging if it happened against us. But it made up for the blatant pens we didn’t get.
If you need to cheat to beat us at the moment, especially when we haven’t won away for over a year, then you don’t deserve to get promoted 😀

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a Leicester season ticket - all being well we are on course for automatic promotion and this season has given us a chance to rebuild the team.

The other team in the EFL that I follow is Cheltenham Town in League One. They are having an interesting season. After 12 matches 1pt and no goals scored. Since then the form has picked up significantly and I suspect if the first 12 matches were excluded we would be as high as the playoff spots. Currently still in the relegation zone, but not far from the teams above now. Hopeful of survival now having thought that relegation was certain a couple of months ago.

D

Deleted member 35504

Everyone's gutted we got pegged back by Coventry with the last kick of the match on Wednesday night, could easily have won that but probably a fair result overall.

Another massive game for Leeds at the Theatre of Greens again on Saturday 😁 as they visit us in the league, we'll have a stronger team out than we did in the Cup. Again we're underdogs, but we have a chance.

COYG 💚💚

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
UTB…. A brilliant steal at Leicester today. This team drives me nuts. Today saw Boro’s C team play as the squad is decimated by injuries, and they win at high flying Leicester. Previous matches, especially at home, were I expected a win has been loss after loss.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
UTB…. A brilliant steal at Leicester today. This team drives me nuts. Today saw Boro’s C team play as the squad is decimated by injuries, and they win at high flying Leicester. Previous matches, especially at home, were I expected a win has been loss after loss.
The local news in the week was going through the key players that both Boro and Sunderland have lost since last season. Both have lost key players, often upfront, and not replaced them. When that happens it's no surprise that mid table beckons.

Great result today. Leicester are clearly the best team in the league, to win there is impressive.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
On my way back from the game now. Boro could have had a third on the break before half time. Our defence was all over the place. We struggled to to create clear cut chances, but created enough to win the game. Vardy’s goal made the last few minutes interesting, but it had the feeling throughout of just one of those days.