The EFL Thread

4LEX

Visit site
Is he wanting the ground, training facilities etc for other use, ie housing? I'm trying to see what the angle is 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or does he just have so much money that he doesn't care? Has someone at Reading upset him and this is his revenge?

He claims to want to sell everything together but is asking for 70-80m which is laughable for a League One club.

The training ground is in a very exclusive part of Reading (near to Bearwood Lakes) and would be worth a fortune if used as residental property. However he invested over £50m in building it and it's top end of the Premier League standard. It houses all the different age group teams and is why Reading are the only club in the bottom two leagues to have a Category One academy.

All his money is based in China and since he breached FFP rules and China made it difficult to move funds outside the country, he's lost interest. He's apparently been ignoring offers and pulled the plug financially. The worrying thing is the previous two clubs he owned followed a similar pattern and don't exist anymore. He invested over £250m and unless he can reclaim a decent amount, it would appear his ego is quite happy to see the club go to the wall.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Amazing graphic as to how much clubs are spending/gambling to make the holy grail of the Premier League!!!

Some other stats from his pots:
Collective net loss of £2.9bn
Of 33 clubs to post profit in EFL Championship since 2013/14, eight - nearly a quarter - were relegated
Only three profit-making clubs achieved promotion - and only one of those didn't have EPL parachute payments
Collective wages to turnover ratio of 107%

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rotherham have not got the biggest squad and more often than not this season have not filled the bench as not enough players are available. We are still to make any new signings (most/all would be loan deals) and we have lost 2 loanees back to parent clubs and now loaned out another player. At this rate spectators who take their boots to the matches will be offered a place on the bench

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very strong rumours that we are having Emmanuel Dennis on loan until the end of the season? Which version will turn up? The focussed one that passes & is a team player, or the disinterested one that isn't either?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bet Swansea fans were gutted after seeing the transfer news and thinking they had signed Ronaldo - they have actually signed someone called Ronald :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 35504

Argyle have turned down a £10 million bid from Lazio for the Green Scoring Machine Morgan Whittaker.

Bought from Swansea for £1M in the summer, £20M and we might consider letting him go...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone hoping for a few signings today? I am hoping RUFC sign a couple of defenders/midfielders to add some depth to the squad and give some back up to these areas. We have enough strikers so fine there (unless a 20+ a season striker is going free!)
Also hope we can keep hold of Viktor Johansson (GK) as he has been attracting some attention from PL teams

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Is Morgan Rodgers any good then? 👀

He looks like he will be but it’s a bizarre signing. Cameron Archer was 5xtimes the player Rogers has been for the Boro. He struggled to get into the team, and injuries only made it happen. He took his chance well but I don’t feel he’s proved himself or he’s that good yet.

Brilliant business by the Boro. Bought for £1m in Aug/Sept and sold for a huge amount more 6 months later.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He looks like he will be but it’s a bizarre signing. Cameron Archer was 5xtimes the player Rogers has been for the Boro. He struggled to get into the team, and injuries only made it happen. He took his chance well but I don’t feel he’s proved himself or he’s that good yet.

Brilliant business by the Boro. Bought for £1m in Aug/Sept and sold for a huge amount more 6 months later.

We have a buy back on Archer though, if he shows something brilliant he will be back. Needed first team minutes at the top level.

I agree, even with 25% going back to city they’ve made a cool 8 million for themselves!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Spireites playing Eastleigh away today. Eastleigh mid-table but Chesterfield are top of National League and 16pts clear of Bromley with two games in hand so seems they are a step up from rest of league….should be an away win. If it wasn’t for golf today I’d pop down - but will look to get to next home game when I’m at MiLs.

4LEX

Visit site
Undefeated in the Thames Valley derby this season. Not bad considering how bad we've been. Now to stay up and get a decent owner in!

Last edited: