The EFL Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope you are not getting used to posting on this thread prior to next season.At least you managed a point!
:cry:. Fair point. We looked like a team short of confidence, frightened to lose. Getting back some of those 10 points would free the team up massively I think. In brief moments last night, and they were brief, we played some fast, snappy and effective football. Boy were they rare though.

Mind, it is calmer on this thread....... 😄

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Mighty Millers scoring 3 goals away from home for the first time in living memory, fighting back from 3-1 down to equalise in 95 minute - and still losing! If we can continue this type of form we should be able to win away for the first time since Nov 2022 but can't see us staying up as we would need to win at least 10 of out last 13 games - and we have only won 3 of the past 33!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everybody will lose silly games. I know Fulham did even when we were strolling the league a couple of seasons back which always knackered my bets up. Keep it tight and pray the last day of the season will still have a significant value
I'm hoping its all done and dusted one way or the other before then, don't fancy going to Elland rd needing a win for that 2nd place

D

Deleted member 35504

Argyle were absolutely shocking last night, probably most lacklustre performance of the season.

With more tough matches coming up, we're more likely to be heading closer to the bottom 3 than mid table safety... 😕

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
This came up on my Facebook feed, Millmoor from I’m not sure when, 70s maybe? I was a ball boy for RUFC in the early/mid 80s think it was vs Port Vale. Anyway I was positioned in front of that stand and I’m sure it was seated then 🤔
IMG_2421.jpeg

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This came up on my Facebook feed, Millmoor from I’m not sure when, 70s maybe? I was a ball boy for RUFC in the early/mid 80s think it was vs Port Vale. Anyway I was positioned in front of that stand and I’m sure it was seated then 🤔
View attachment 51991
Could be anywhere from 70s (or before) almost until we left in the 00s. It is the Millmoor Lane stand and the away fans had to walk behind it, through a bit of a bottleneck to get to the away end.

4LEX

Visit site
We are staying up !

Unless we get another points deduction.:(

Not the greatest game last night Rich but we stepped it up when it mattered! That goal from Wing was incredible, one of the best I've seen in years. A brilliant free transfer and the League One Pirlo for sure.

If we can win the next two which we should do, even a points deduction won't matter 👀

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not the greatest game last night Rich but we stepped it up when it mattered! That goal from Wing was incredible, one of the best I've seen in years. A brilliant free transfer and the League One Pirlo for sure.

If we can win the next two which we should do, even a points deduction won't matter 👀

Wing is a bit of late developer. Middlesbrough got him from one of the northern league sides. Broke through into the first team, literally straight from playing northern league, and had a good run of games. Change of manager and loss of form saw him fall out of favour, eventually doing the rounds out on loan before going to Wycombe(I think).

Good to see him doing well. He’s got a good engine and a great box-2-box player if he’s on form.

D

Deleted member 35504

The Green Army have another 7+ hours each way, 760 mile round trip to the Boro on Saturday.

Team are knackered after a pretty intensive run of recent games, having the cup replay against Leeds didn't help.

On current form it looks like another pasting on the cards.

D

Deleted member 35504

Wemberleeee Wemberleeee.....we're the famous Wycombe Wanderers and we're going to Wemberleee:)
I hear your new signing from Argyle scored the winner.

Check out his OG against Cardiff on Boxing Day 😅🧐

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The Green Army have another 7+ hours each way, 760 mile round trip to the Boro on Saturday.

Team are knackered after a pretty intensive run of recent games, having the cup replay against Leeds didn't help.

On current form it looks like another pasting on the cards.

Unless I’m much mistaken, the Boro have the same 7 hour journey down to you. Think the last visit down there was after a match at Bristol.