the drambuie advert

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
anyone watched it?
I've been fascinated by Moe Norman ever since I first came across his story.
Always liked the one about him being bored in the middle of a match, which at the time he was within an ace of winning. Caddy says it's a driver and wedge, so he takes the wedge off the tee and the driver off the fairway and still makes his three. Oh, and still wins.

I'd also like to try the drink!

B

birdieman

Just watched it on youtube after your recommendation, kind of feel 6 minutes odd was a bit long, don't quite get the Moe Norman thing to be honest, all seems like pub tales exaggerated and embellished with booze as the years have gone by. There's just not enough footage of him to judge and he clearly didn't have a short game or he'd have been a success on tour.
There are one or two older gentlemen I play golf with, who no matter how well I may be playing, always come out with tales of so and so from whenever who could 'really hit a ball', just seems like a way of them saying their generation were better which I don't believe is true. Gets a bit tiresome, at least some of these unnoticed 'superstar' tales of yesteryear.

Wouldn't mind a drambuie and ginger beer though! :rolleyes:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen vids of him before and kind of feel a bit sorry for him. He was a non conformist and so the authorities didn't take to him then. Certainly a very consistent striker of the ball and had a unique style. Don't know a lot of his history but think he did win a few competitions, as has been mentioned.

I like watching him.

:)

Golfmmad.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
on mine it's a video, guy in a hat in a darkened room full of trophies - it doesn't say Drambuie on the label, in fact there is no label.

how so ever, decided to give the drink a try. first get some Drambuie - £21+ a bottle but Tesco are are doing two for £25.
Me and HID tried it last night - you need a <u>good</u> ginger beer and let it sit for a while for the flavours to blend, nice.
That said Drambuie neat is even better, had instructions to get some more before the offer ends.