The day you knew Golf was your sport.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got married in 1994 and was right into scuba diving and used to go off all day sunday and return at night with lobsters, scallops and the odd crab but after a bit of an incident off Millport (some ass wipe forgot everything he was taught and nearly killed me) I decided to spent my spare time on terrafirma.

DCB

Visit site
Used to be into mountaineering, climbed a lot in Scotland both summer and winter even had a couple of good summer hols in the alps, but the older you get, the higher the risk seems to be for some things. I always played golf, but after having a family it seemed a far safer (but more infuriating) sport than climbing. My wife and daughter both play so it's a family activity as well nowadays.

Still have a wee dream about winter climbing when driving up the A9 in Feb or March but.......

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
since the seventies I slowly lost interest in Football as a sport, until now it just bores the socks off me. Now Rugby I can go watch that & really get into. Though again I won't go out of my way to follow it.

I really wish back in the very early 80's when I had the chance to play golf during the cricket season I'd taken up the offer then, as I'd alway had more interest in golf & watching golf right from an early age.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I spent nearly ten years as a commercial diver and never ever understood why you would do it for fun!

In a previous life had a place in Swanage and used to shake my head watching the lines of eager sport divers heading out into dark,cold,dangerous water where your life is in someone elses hands.....WHY???

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I first really took an interest in golf looking through, believe it or not, a Freemans catalogue in the 70's. My mum bought loads of stuff through it and they had cool pictures of Jonny Miller and Gary Player sets. I assumed at the time it was a rich mans sport as the clubs seemed so expensive and always promised myself that one day I would try it.

on holidays we'd always find the putting green on the seafront and have matches between Mum,Dad,Bruv and me. Can't remember who won!

On to the late 80's when I split with a girlfriend and had more spare time than usual and a few of my mates hacked around the local muni. So I joined them one day, hired a set of clubs and came in 139 shots later with the biggest grin I can remember having on my face. That was it I was hooked. Started playing properly a year or two later. Had a couple of breaks when A. The Boy came along, and B. When I shattered my ankle to point of it hanging by the muscles and ligaments (sorry - a bit gross). A year later and an ounce or 2 of metal and screws later I'm back trying to get back to my best handicap of 8.