Do you check your golf clubs for damage at the airport?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
well done for posting the update

well done Easyjet; I find the organisation as a whole is improving such things but they are at a somewhat dangerous situation where what you get from an individual isn't always what the company would want said/done as they change their focus.

hope the new shaft works!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a quick update on this and it's good news. I went back to Easyjet and asked for an explanation of what I was meant to do at the airport given there would have been no one on their desks to report this damage to anyway. As it turns out the best I could have done was to report the issue the next day over the phone which is what I had done anyway.

They have accepted that and have offered to pay for the replacement shaft in full and I don't have to make a claim on my insurance! Obviously still a lesson learnt on mine side that when I next take clubs away I will be having a check as soon as they're off the plane.

RESULT ... Happy days :thup:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just a quick update on this and it's good news. I went back to Easyjet and asked for an explanation of what I was meant to do at the airport given there would have been no one on their desks to report this damage to anyway. As it turns out the best I could have done was to report the issue the next day over the phone which is what I had done anyway.

They have accepted that and have offered to pay for the replacement shaft in full and I don't have to make a claim on my insurance! Obviously still a lesson learnt on mine side that when I next take clubs away I will be having a check as soon as they're off the plane.

well done persevering:thup:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In answer to your question. yes always.

Most airlines will have smallprint that says they don't accept responsibility for damage unless the clubs are in a hard travel case so I'm not surprised EasyJet didn't care TBH.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In answer to your question. yes always.

Most airlines will have smallprint that says they don't accept responsibility for damage unless the clubs are in a hard travel case so I'm not surprised EasyJet didn't care TBH.

Easyjet don't, their main concern is weight.