The coach & Justone... As requested 6iron & Driver!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Gents, you gave good feedback 2 weeks ago on this video below...

http://ubersense.com/W2MipBPY

You also asked for a 6i & Driver swing which are at the bottom. I must say first though I had a lesson with the head pro at the belfry who straight away pulled out 2 things from my swing... Posture & how much I swing on the inside... After a few drills and practise everyday I feel so much more confident and find the swing and ball flight is so much more controlled. I never struggle to hold the pose and for the first time in the 3 years I have played actually fade the ball...

http://ubersense.com/bHf4R8bZ

http://ubersense.com/MsMkFYfW

Any feedback from anyone welcome....Go easy ;-)

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Also I appreciate I look like I am having a fit before I hit the ball... Weird waggle I can't help but do!

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
your having a series of lessons with the Pro then would stick with it.

posture looking pretty good, you have a decent positive action through the ball. so from what you say you feeling a good ways better about how it feels plus end results, which is all good.

given that it's then a work in progress don't really want to say much.

yes there's looks to be a few issues there, probably grip, though dark probably shoulders alignment at set-up, little ways more apparent in the driver vid - looks a ways open.

also the downswing starts out over the line a ways steep which then with your hand eye co-ordination you able to rescue to get to the ball.
but as said it's a work in progress you're going through under instruction, so yep a number of things will need to change, don't want to say any more unless you really want all that info.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers mate, no I think you you are right... Since posting it I thought about my round and the drills he gave me and thought actually why try and change anything without him telling me.

I just need to figure out how long I need to leave between a lesson. I am going to hit a bucket once a day or atleast 4 times a week so don't want to leave it too long and add in my own faults.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
if the $'s allow wouldn't leave it longer than 3 weeks max between lessons. easy if you don't really monitor the drills tight, to start to drift away from the real drill & slip back in to what you're used to doing.

always good if make notes written down straight after lesson while it's real fresh in the mind, then you've got some reference to check.
if you can get the pro to vid it either on your fone, just how you really should do those drills, plus shots of posture dtl & front on, so you can check ball position properly. great reference to look at during practice sessions.

any time your working to change anything in a swing motion with practice, best is a little & often & that's self monitored real good - no more than a basket a session - don't be tempted to hit more when it's going well, just finish up.

always get more out of practice if working on changes to make all of those swings no more than 70% effort - at this speed you can really be aware of exactly what you're doing & how, at normal swing speeds that's not possible tendency to default back to what you're trying to change from.