The Brabazon on a saturday afternoon

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's been spoken about more times than anything else probably on this forum but it's almost standard for it to take between 4.5-5.5 hours on a busy hotel resort course. Tee times are completely booked up, you have a wide range of players, you're on a jolly, you might be hungover, you haven't got a certain amount of time to get round in, it's a new course to you etc so it's always going to take longer. That's just how it is unfortunately.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's been spoken about more times than anything else probably on this forum but it's almost standard for it to take between 4.5-5.5 hours on a busy hotel resort course. Tee times are completely booked up, you have a wide range of players, you're on a jolly, you might be hungover, you haven't got a certain amount of time to get round in, it's a new course to you etc so it's always going to take longer. That's just how it is unfortunately.
I played the, queen's at gleneagles in May. That was over 6 hours. I spent the waiting time on the fairways looking for balls. I found at least 50 premium balls over the three days. ?

peld

Visit site
My home club is a busy hotel resort course and 4 hours is a normal slow round.
People should never consider 4.5 hours or more normal

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played the, queen's at gleneagles in May. That was over 6 hours. I spent the waiting time on the fairways looking for balls. I found at least 50 premium balls over the three days. ?

Every year we go as a society to Forest Pines, Carden, Slaley etc and it's always 4.5 hours a round. It's annoying but we're away with the lads, not at work and spending less money in the hotel bar.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, you had a bad experience. I've only played the Queen's once, last October, and it was 4 1/2 hours. It's not even long :oops:. Where the ones in front hackers?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, you had a bad experience. I've only played the Queen's once, last October, and it was 4 1/2 hours. It's not even long :oops:. Where the ones in front hackers?
No idea. Our tee time on the first day was already delayed by 30 minutes. Like the belfry the resort did tell us that they are especially busy with customsers using up their extended vouchers. It was blowing a gale too so golf was hard all round

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No idea. Our tee time on the first day was already delayed by 30 minutes. Like the belfry the resort did tell us that they are especially busy with customsers using up their extended vouchers. It was blowing a gale too so golf was hard all round
That's a real shame. Hard to enjoy any course in those circumstances

sunshine

Visit site
We actually had a great time. The guys I got paired with where great and the Queens is a fantastic course imo (now in my top 10). I could think of worse places to be for 6 hours.

6 hours is crazy. Don’t think I would be able to keep concentrating. Sadly my game would fall apart with all the waiting around. ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's a real surprise about the time.
A pal of mine is a member and he never mentions that the rounds are long.
Last August he signed 3 of us onto the PGA on a Saturday or Sunday. We played off the whites (too long for me) and we were round in just under 4.5 hours. Course was fully booked I believe.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a real surprise about the time.
A pal of mine is a member and he never mentions that the rounds are long.
Last August he signed 3 of us onto the PGA on a Saturday or Sunday. We played off the whites (too long for me) and we were round in just under 4.5 hours. Course was fully booked I believe.
We played the pga the first day and that was 4.30 hours too. The queens is tighter and more places to lose a ball though. And members don't seem to tee off in the middle of the day when it's all stitched up. As a belfry member I played the brabazon in 3.30hrs

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We played the pga the first day and that was 4.30 hours too. The queens is tighter and more places to lose a ball though. And members don't seem to tee off in the middle of the day when it's all stitched up. As a belfry member I played the brabazon in 3.30hrs

That makes sense.?