The Berkshire 22nd March 2017

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We play The Berkshire, Blackmoor, North Hants, Camberley, Cowdray Park, Alresford, West Surrey, Liphook and West Hill. This year cost for these courses is £70, which includes all food. The Berkshire is usually about £80 for members. Most days we have about 20 play, so only a small society. There are probably ten Forumers in the society, and it is very friendly.

£20 a year membership, and a Mariners tie is £10.

Any idea when any of the other meeting are?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Any idea when any of the other meeting are?

If you take the Berkshire as March, then all the courses previously mentioned are played monthly thereafter. i.e Blackmoor April, North Hants May etc etc. West Hill is in November and we are playing Hankley in December as part of our 70th anniversary celebrations. If you want exact dates you will be able to get them at The Berkshire.:thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to confirm the following have a place at The Berkshire :

Paperboy
Smiffy
Philthefragger
Drive4Show
Lovely Louise
ArnoldArmChewer
IanM
Therod
Mikejohnchapman
Anotherdouble
Paulw4701
Oxfordcomma
Hendo434

I am giving the list of players to the organizer in the next couple of day, so he can do the draw and tee times. We will be teeing off the 1st and 12th.

If you can not play let me know asap. Forumers will play together as far as possible, though the Mariners are very friendly should you play with any of them.:)

Phil and Simon. I hope you will be fit to play.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
They don't have "supporters" they only have "sufferers!!"

...Hey, born in Guildford, grew up in Guildford... local League Team as a boy... Aldershot. I suppose I could have jumped on the Man U bandwagon! Goodness, heck no
No problems with that, it is just I am a Reading supporter. Mind you we haven't had a derby with your lot for some time.:whistle:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Heck I am old enough to have been to Elm Park back in the day when that game meant something.... you talk to some Madstad folk and they've no idea what Elm Park was!

I was there on a hot Easter Monday when Paul Bennett flattened Andy Needham in the box and the ref looked the other way... cost us promotion that year.... then Bennett signed for us and it took several years before folk stopped booing him! (was that 1979/80? Cant remember!)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Heck I am old enough to have been to Elm Park back in the day when that game meant something.... you talk to some Madstad folk and they've no idea what Elm Park was!

I was there on a hot Easter Monday when Paul Bennett flattened Andy Needham in the box and the ref looked the other way... cost us promotion that year.... then Bennett signed for us and it took several years before folk stopped booing him! (was that 1979/80? Cant remember!)
First game at Elm Park 69/70 season. Barrow at home and we won 6-3 !! Did watch a few Aldershot games when they had their good FA Cup run. John Dungworth scored a load that season, and was sold on to Shrewsbury from memory. Hopefully Aldershot will get back in the league.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
First game at Elm Park 69/70 season. Barrow at home and we won 6-3 !! Did watch a few Aldershot games when they had their good FA Cup run. John Dungworth scored a load that season, and was sold on to Shrewsbury from memory. Hopefully Aldershot will get back in the league.

I once played and scored at Elm park, under 14's cup final. Those were the days.