The Berkshire 22nd March 2017

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd be interested in joining, if there is space of course, but where do you play? Is it mainly Surrey? I'm based in Sussex. Cheers. N
We play The Berkshire, Blackmoor, North Hants, Camberley, Cowdray Park, Alresford, West Surrey, Liphook and West Hill. This year cost for these courses is £70, which includes all food. The Berkshire is usually about £80 for members. Most days we have about 20 play, so only a small society. There are probably ten Forumers in the society, and it is very friendly.

£20 a year membership, and a Mariners tie is £10.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks, that sounds great and certainly interested, budget, work and wife permitting. There are only 2 courses that are really too far. Also as my daughter lives in Lightwater, I can link in golf and a visit. Winner!

I assume it is just a society style day, no order of merit or anything like that?

hopefully see you a the Berkshire.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Do you have room for a gorgeous, leggy 6ft blonde? I'll see if Louise is free as well :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks, that sounds great and certainly interested, budget, work and wife permitting. There are only 2 courses that are really too far. Also as my daughter lives in Lightwater, I can link in golf and a visit. Winner!

I assume it is just a society style day, no order of merit or anything like that?

hopefully see you a the Berkshire.
Very informal, prizes on the day. You can play as many or as few days as you like. Anyone that has played will tell you how friendly we are, and that we don't take the golf too seriously.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Date for your diaries. My golf society, The Mariners, is playing The Berkshire, Red course, on Wednesday 22nd March 2017

Cost will be £85 for members, but might be a tad more for guests. Includes the usual bacon rolls on arrival, and the full Berkshire lunch.:thup: Normal cost for golf and food is well over £150.

Not sure how many forumers will be allowed to play, but I imagine it will be around 15. Priority will be given to those that have supported the day in the past.

I will update details when I have them.
Confirmed £90 for guests. If you wish to join the Mariners suggest you do it at The Berkshire, to save the extra fiver for guests.:thup:

Looks like we have the following interested :

Crow *
PhilTheFragger *
anotherdouble
IanM
Paperboy *
Smiffy *
njrose51
PaulW4701 *
JohnnyDee *
Drive4Show *
Lovely Louise *

* donates those that have played before with the Mariners at the Berkshire.

Anyone else interested ?

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Confirmed £90 for guests. If you wish to join the Mariners suggest you do it at The Berkshire, to save the extra fiver for guests.:thup:

Crow *
PhilTheFragger *
anotherdouble
IanM
Paperboy *
Smiffy *
njrose51
PaulW4701 *
JohnnyDee *
Drive4Show *
Lovely Louise *

Anyone else interested ?

It's HID's birthday on the 23rd, so I would be risking castration.... maybe next year.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Crow *
PhilTheFragger *
anotherdouble
IanM
Paperboy *
Smiffy *
njrose51
PaulW4701 *
JohnnyDee *
Drive4Show *
Lovely Louise *

Anyone else interested ?

Yes please !

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Crow *
PhilTheFragger *
anotherdouble
IanM
Paperboy *
Smiffy *
njrose51
PaulW4701 *
JohnnyDee *
Drive4Show *
Lovely Louise *
Topoftheflop *
Mikejohnchapman

Anyone else interested ?

Updated list.

Out of interest it is the Mariners 70th anniversary next year.:thup: