The Berkshire 22nd March 2017

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry mate.
When you have to wear glasses to play in, you'll feel the same way when it's lashing down.
Total waste of time.

Had to put up with the same myself for years - contacts are the way to go , how do you manage to get through fishing ! Shame you won't be there , hopefully next time

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
8.30 off the 12th

Paul Walter
Nick Roddis
Mike Chapman

8.51 (12th tee)
Dave Sanders
Phil Murgatroyd (Phil you are playing with President and organizer for the day, so best behaviour please.;)
John Scott
Tony Derrick

8.58 (12th tee)

Simon Betteridge
Richard Frost
Mark Vardy
Charlie Ho

Those off the 12th, please leave your clubs,shoes etc in the car, and it is a short drive, less than two minutes to 12th tee. You do not need to leave the course, just follow signs to the 12th tee from outside clubhouse.

8.51 (1st tee)

Steve Ashford
Simon Henderson
Ian Miller
Ben Woodham

9.05 (1st tee)

Richard Hart
Gordon Ross
Louise Sims
Lee Yates

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Apart from the rain, which actually wasn't as bad as I feared it might be. it was a very good day

The Red Course is unique as it has 6 par3's, 6 par 4's and 6 par 5's , with no hole followed by a hole of the same par
It is a stunning course, think I preferred it to the Blue and not too far behind Swinley Forest, which is just over the road.

Winner had 36 points , I was well happy with 29 considering the conditions and recent health issues

3 pars and perfect greens which considering the wet, were very true

The Carvery was humungus , and very very good

The sun did pop out for a bit near the end and everyone started steaming :)

Great to see so many forummers there

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unlike Fragger I thought the rain was worse and more persistent than I was expecting, however that said it did not spoil my (and I hope my pp's) enjoyment of a stunning golf course, as Fragger said it is a great layout in fine condition. My thanks to Ian and Ben who provided good company all day and to Richard for providing the opportunity to play.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Apart from the rain, which actually wasn't as bad as I feared it might be. it was a very good day

The Red Course is unique as it has 6 par3's, 6 par 4's and 6 par 5's , with no hole followed by a hole of the same par
It is a stunning course, think I preferred it to the Blue and not too far behind Swinley Forest, which is just over the road.

Winner had 36 points , I was well happy with 29 considering the conditions and recent health issues

3 pars and perfect greens which considering the wet, were very true

The Carvery was humungus , and very very good

The sun did pop out for a bit near the end and everyone started steaming :)

Great to see so many forummers there
You were only two points off the guest prize Phil. Well played, and I agree the Red is better than the Blue. Considering the rain it was in great condition. Food is always great.

Hopefully next year the weather will be perfect.;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Once again another enjoyable day - it's the one that is always in the diary first

The rain the end wasn't as bad as feared Bar a 15 min heavy downpour - course in great nick and my two guests walked off with the prizes :whoo:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Cheers Rich as ever for the invite. Played reasonably well considering hit anything but a iron and putter pretty well.

27 points very happy with as only my third game in 5 months. Pleasure playing with Mark and Richard.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a great day today on the Red Course. The weather was actually much better than I had feared.

Thanks to Phil for his invitation again. 👍

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Smashing day out , many thanks for the opportunity to participate. Great to put some faces to forum names. Weather wasn't actually that bad apart from the squally bit on 12th and 13th. I went birdie par there, so maybe I needed more rain, cos I want up to much on the other 16 holes! :D