Tee times :

1st tee:

9.02 Paperboy and Cake
9.10 Patster1969

7th tee:

8.30 TheDiablo and Sam85
8.46 Crow and Troymcclure
9.10 Philthefragger

You will all be playing with two Mariners, but they are a friendly lot. One lucky group even gets to play with me.:eek:oo:

Cash on the day please, £90, which includes bacon rolls and the lunch. Remember you will need jacket and tie for lunch. Breakfast from 7.30

If you are teeing off the 7th, you can drive to the tee from the clubhouse, couple of minutes, and do not need to go back to the main road. Leave your clubs in the car when you get to the club.

Singles stableford full handicap, and there will be prizes for Mariners and guests.

Any queries please ask. I am off to Turnberry tomorrow, but will keep an eye on the thread and pm's.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think that Richart is still playing his way down from Scotland but does anybody else in the Berkshire vicinity know how the course was affected by the weekend's snow and if the course is likely to be open in time for Wednesday?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Their website says that both courses and the range are closed today
Going to get up to 3 degrees today and 8 tomorrow, so reckon most of the lying snow will melt, but it might then be waterlogged.

At this point I’d say we only have a 30% chance of playing on Wednesday ☹️

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Their website says that both courses and the range are closed today
Going to get up to 3 degrees today and 8 tomorrow, so reckon most of the lying snow will melt, but it might then be waterlogged.

At this point I’d say we only have a 30% chance of playing on Wednesday ☹️

Thanks for the gloomy news Phil, not what I wanted to hear but what I was expecting....

D

Deleted member 15344

I have emailed the organiser to see what the outlook is - it appears the snow isn’t as bad in areas down then and right now the sun is melting everything away here so hopefully it will still be ok to play but once I hear back from the organiser I’ll let you know whilst Rich is touring the country

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'm about 5 miles away. We've got between 1 and 2 inches of snow on the grass still but the sun isnt out at all, but is supposed to emerge later. It isn't getting any warmer today though.

I'd think most of the snow would be gone by tomorrow afternoon, and heathland drains very quickly so fingers crossed.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Just rang The Berkshire, they are closed, but should be open Wednesday .

They said to phone again tomorrow to make sure.
So hopefully we should be ok 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Phil

The society day has been cancelled - email came round from the organiser , currently looking at a new date

I expect Rich is still travelling

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry guys but Wenesday has been cancelled. A new date will be arranged and I will give first dibs to those that had their name down this time.:thup:

Amazingly weather has been great if a little cold in Scotland. Formby today was sunny and quite warm. Only real snow I have seen in last five days is in Farnham.:mad:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Sorry guys but Wenesday has been cancelled. A new date will be arranged and I will give first dibs to those that had their name down this time.:thup:

Amazingly weather has been great if a little cold in Scotland. Formby today was sunny and quite warm. Only real snow I have seen in last five days is in Farnham.:mad:

For me a blessing in disguise, after tomorrow I think I'll be golfed out and the 8+ hour drive home can now be split up 🙈

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Guys, just to let you know we have re-booked for the Tuesday 24th July. Same price, £90. Normally in July it would cost £190 including food, so not a bad deal.:whistle:

I can only offer this deal to those that put their name down for the original day. If there are any extra spaces I will post, but it is unlikely as it will be very popular with Mariners in July. No reserves at the moment please.