The Belfry Custom Fitting + Derby Course

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks to some good advice (Thanks Gary) I've now booked my Dad into the Belfry custom fitting for Sunday 27th March. I'm chuffed with this as my Dad loves golf, loves a good drive off the tee but has never had any help. He needs a new driver so with this booking and a some readies he should hopefully be on his way to playing like a pro ;)

To make a day of it, and to get something out of the occasion myself :p I've have also booked a 4 ball for the same day with our regular playing buddies. Nice surprise for him for his Birthday I feel. Only downside is, I wnated to play brabazon, all booked until 3.20pm, PGA course has free tee times at 10.10 and 10.20 but this will be when my dad is getting fitted so playing on the Derby Course.

Anyone played the Derby Course? For £25 I'm not expecting fireworks but will just be nice to get a game while we're up that way.

Cheers

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive played it before and it was nice! for £25 pounds it was really good! the only problem is that a few of the holes are played under electricaity wires and they do make a very noticable buzzing sound :p but it was good apart from that!

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
Although the Derby isn't to the same standard as the PGA or the Brabazon it is a reasonable course. The Derby runs inside of the PGA which I played a fortnight ago and considering the winter we had was in very good nick, shame you can't get on it.

I would expect the Derby will be in a reasonable condition as forecast is dry for the week, also sometimes with the Belfry it is worth asking if they can upgrade you when you check in to play. we got upgraded from the PGA to the Brabazon one visit for £25 each.

Just be aware of the prices in the 19th - cheap it is not!

Enjoy your day

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers for the comments guys. I appreciate it.

I'm really looking forward to it. The whole day will be nice just hope the weather matches my hopes.

I'll be sure to let you know how I get on.

Thanks again