The 4th and last major happens this week...not that you would know!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The kudos of this "major" continues to decline. When a supposed big event can't find a stable viewing platform and has fractured viewing it does nothing for the events credibility. There are some far better event on the schedule that could arguably replace the USPGA but it won't happen. I guess whoever wins it and gets a major on their record won't mind a jot

D

Deleted member 18588

It seems to be overlooked by some, when suggesting the demise of the US PGA Championship, that the event is being shown live by CBS in their biggest market.

We have to accept that to the PGA of America the UK golf enthusiast is not that important and certainly is not their highest priority.

D

Deleted member 1147

Well I hope that all the kids, who have no current interest in golf (because it's slow, boring, too many rules, dress codes etc etc etc) suddenly become massive golf fans, just because they can now watch it on their gameboy's, Neo Geo's and smart phones :thup:

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I've joined eleven sports, it's getting some flack but at least they are charging an acceptable price unlike BT Sports and Sky packages (moreso if not with BT or sky) they deserve all they get in my opinion.

Plenty of entertaining little snippets available on demand also, looking forward to watching the final major.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've joined eleven sports, it's getting some flack but at least they are charging an acceptable price unlike BT Sports and Sky packages (moreso if not with BT or sky) they deserve all they get in my opinion.

Plenty of entertaining little snippets available on demand also, looking forward to watching the final major.

a few guys at my club were talking about this earlier, there is even a 14 day free trial if you look hard enough

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
a few guys at my club were talking about this earlier, there is even a 14 day free trial if you look hard enough

Yes there is 👍 definately worth the money in my opinion as they are stealing A LOT of sport events from the big boys!

LA Liga, Golf and some MMA is enough to warrant the £45 yearly deal they currently offer. Or £6 a month if rather have option to cancel sooner!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes there is  definately worth the money in my opinion as they are stealing A LOT of sport events from the big boys!

LA Liga, Golf and some MMA is enough to warrant the £45 yearly deal they currently offer. Or £6 a month if rather have option to cancel sooner!
Is it? I don't think a lot of UK people are that interested in La Liga. MMA has a reasonably following but it's not for everyone.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The kudos of this "major" continues to decline. When a supposed big event can't find a stable viewing platform and has fractured viewing it does nothing for the events credibility. There are some far better event on the schedule that could arguably replace the USPGA but it won't happen. I guess whoever wins it and gets a major on their record won't mind a jot

Such as? I believe the USPGA attracts one of the strongest fields of the year.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rory looking good with the putter today.

Greens are sooo soft. Balls almost plugging. Could be a bit messy if you're last out

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hell's teeth, Tiger's game smells like mine atm...

Driver tee shot left and hooking, followed by a horrible yank on the following par 3.

I'm wondering whether he'll even make it round. He looks a mess. Hope he doesn't drag JT and Rory down with him.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is tough to watch at the minute. Tiger playing horrendously early on.

JT and Rory looking very good though, making it look so easy.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is tough to watch at the minute. Tiger playing horrendously early on.

JT and Rory looking very good though, making it look so easy.

I know it's a common trope nowadays, but every time JT and Rory have a wedge in hand, JT seems to put it to half the distance. It starts to be a bit depressing after a while.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know it's a common trope nowadays, but every time JT and Rory have a wedge in hand, JT seems to put it to half the distance. It starts to be a bit depressing after a while.

Was thinking exactly the same, it’s the main difference between them at the moment I think.