The 2014 Ryder Cup!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
No Gallacher today...injured or lacking in confidence?

Option 2 I'd say. Europe need the points as it's so close, so no point in sending out someone lacking in confidence as it may well kill him for tomorrows singles if he gets another hammering.

D

Deleted member 15344

4 under through the last 5 holes - great play from Poults and McIlroy

Crucial half

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, Westwood has a putt for a half ............................... and leaves it short!
What's wrong with the man?

Slime.

D

Deleted member 15344

They normally do

What I didn't realise is the Capts no longer pick the pin positions or when to cut or iron the greens etc - all looked after by the PGA and USPGA

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Can I just say how nice it is to see Hunter Mahan in a pair of trainers. Looks nice and comfy, nice on Hunter.

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Monty just made a very good point about the unneccessary numbers inside the ropes, a lot of the chat I had with strangers yesterday was about how every fairway was filled with

3 wags per side
4 tv cameraman plus someone to hold the transmitter
marshalls
scorers
photographers
celebs
rules officials
vice captains
various jobsworths
and a bunch of randoms who nobody knew anything about.

All in most holes had 50-60 extra wandering the fairways and getting in the way of the spectators who paid a lot of money to be there and couldn't see when they all gathered around the greens. Although the American WAGs are pretty so I'll let them off:thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like McIlroy has found his groove - hitting the ball with ease

Westwood and Donaldson look solid

McDowell and Dubuisson looking like they could go 5 up

If Rose and Kaymer could get something what an afternoon it could be

Europe look very comfortable playing foursomes

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After being at Gleneagles the last 2 days I'm struggling to get into an excited mood watching the TV coverage. I've not been to many "big" golf tournaments and on the run-up to this I've been told by a lot of people that "being there on the day isn't all that good as you never know what's really happening and you miss a lot of the good golf being played" and similar other comments. Well those people are all completely wrong. Watching on the TV is nothing like being there. Really wish I'd listened to myself now and bought some weekend tickets too. Mrs probably would have killed me though... ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Kaymer and Rose keep been given chances to level it and need to take one