The 2014 Ryder Cup!

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it me or does anyone else think that the USA jumpers, yesterday and today, look like they were knitted by granny?

Exactly what Mrs V said. Awful, awful knitwear.

I think back to my childhood and shudder. I had a baby blue care-bear jumper inflicted on me. The pattern and the itchiness were not as horrifying as the pain of trying to get this thing over my head.

Anyway, back to the golf....

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
F
Home captain decides the pins and why would you want to keep them away in practise when the European team are out as well

I was thinking just keep a couple of pin positions quiet, let the Europeans know so they can putt to that spot in practice without revealing it, and spring it on singles day.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm feeling a big shift in momentum towards the Americans right now.
Justin seems to be putting up a hell of a fight.
Maybe Rose is the new Poulter?

Slime.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Was it just me, or was anyone else not over impressed with the look of the course. Seemed to be like an American stadium course with loads of bunkers every where, and big run off areas. The greens also seemed slow, although that seemed to affect the US players more than ours.

Traditionally The Ryder Cup has not never been played on 'classic' golf courses really. Many have said that the course they are playing on is the 3rd best at Gleneagles. The thing they want are holes that will generate excitement in matchplay golf and somewhere to put all the punters, so I suspect that is more of priority. And understandably so.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Traditionally The Ryder Cup has not never been played on 'classic' golf courses really. Many have said that the course they are playing on is the 3rd best at Gleneagles. The thing they want are holes that will generate excitement in matchplay golf and somewhere to put all the punters, so I suspect that is more of priority. And understandably so.

I don't know what the other two are like, but this has been designed to be a great spectators' course.
There seem to be great vantage points
I'm not keen on the lakes- they look a little out of place. The "dry" water hazards look more natural

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
He is a massive bell who can't help but stick his massive foot in it. His Captains speech and intro was an embarrassment.
It was all Me Me Me , Oh and there's a dozen other guys here as well.

Re Faldo's comments yesterday- he's commentating for a US TV channel so is clearly talking to his "home" side

Hacker Khan

Visit site
I'm feeling a big shift in momentum towards the Americans right now.
Justin seems to be putting up a hell of a fight.
Maybe Rose is the new Poulter?

Slime.

I think by the way they are currently playing the mantle has well and truly been passed on. Rose is smashing it.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
The US are playing some mighty fine golf at the moment. Rory's match will be very important, shame he seems to be playing 1 versus 2 on most holes.