The 2014 Ryder Cup!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Press the red button for US commentary - make it more annoying. Or switch off and watch Cash in The Attic.

Stupid 'arty' camera angles does not good coverage make - when it would be just as easy for them to just cover it properly. And as I pay for the pleasure I can criticise if I want to.

D

Deleted member 15344

Stupid 'arty' camera angles does not good coverage make - when it would be just as easy for them to just cover it properly. And as I pay for the pleasure I can criticise if I want to.

All you have done all day long in this thread is bleat on about the coverage

Either complain to Sky or switch over and listen to it on the radio - would be great to have this thread with views about the actual comp as opposed to complaining about Sky

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Either complain to Sky or switch over and listen to it on the radio - would be great to have this thread with views about the actual comp as opposed to complaining about Sky

That's fine Phil,but just think on the next time you start banging on about Tiger or any of the other many threads you stagnate.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Was it just me, or was anyone else not over impressed with the look of the course. Seemed to be like an American stadium course with loads of bunkers every where, and big run off areas. The greens also seemed slow, although that seemed to affect the US players more than ours.

D

Deleted member 15344

Was it just me, or was anyone else not over impressed with the look of the course. Seemed to be like an American stadium course with loads of bunkers every where, and big run off areas. The greens also seemed slow, although that seemed to affect the US players more than ours.

Apparently they didnt quicken the greens due to the risk of high winds which would make the greens unplayable

Most Ryder Cup courses are the same now - it looks the same as Celtic Manor and K club and Belfry and Valderama - have no doubt the French course will be the same. American Style with.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

If I didn't think the coverage was particularly good then I think it is reasonable to say so without you jumping down my throat. It's only my opinion - so if you don't want to read it then don't.

D

Deleted member 15344

If I didn't think the coverage was particularly good then I think it is reasonable to say so without you jumping down my throat. It's only my opinion - so if you don't want to read it then don't.

Yes we know you dont like the coverage - you said so in the first post , then the next post , then the one after that and again then next one - every post on this thread from you.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

When I was there last year they were still making changes and it was said that they were de-Americanising the course

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

..and i agree - I didn't think that the course had much in the way of a Scottish moorland course about it - and that';s after a lot of work has already been done to make it look more in keeping with it's surroundings. But mustn't grumble.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Fair enough. But the coverage was no different to all other Sky, NBC, BBC broadcasts. If anything, the Beeb love their arty shots more than Sky :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes we know you dont like the coverage - you said so in the first post , then the next post , then the one after that and again then next one - every post on this thread from you.

Three posts out of maybe ten ACTUALLY.

First one I said it wasn't 'blowing my socks off'; second one I mentioned that coverage seemed to jump from one short missed putt (by Bradley) to the same pairing (Micklesen) missing another short putt on the next hole with us seeing nothing in between. And the third was a putt by an American that was shot in such a way that you couldn't see where the hole was so had no idea whether the putt was going to be anywhere close, So three posts - two of which I posted in support of the first so as not to be accused of making something up with no evidence to support my point.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why do so many threads degenerate into silly bickering that adds so little to the debate?
Am I missing something or is there a common denominator?
There must be a reason for all this negativity!

Slime

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why do so many threads degenerate into silly bickering that adds so little to the debate?
Am I missing something or is there a common denominator?
There must be a reason for all this negativity!

Slime
What are your thoughts on it?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Is it me or does anyone else think that the USA jumpers, yesterday and today, look like they were knitted by granny?

Fraz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is it me or does anyone else think that the USA jumpers, yesterday and today, look like they were knitted by granny?

Considering they clothing is made by such a stylish brand (Ralph Lauren and RLX) the jumpers are awful!

The Europeans have generally looked much sharper than the American's every day.