The 150th Open

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Most don’t care

The players don’t care , the fans don’t care

The score that wins won’t matter - there is nothing that comes close to winning The Open at TOC

The cut was level par - it’s not getting pummelled, stop dribbling on about it

This is spot on, there is something special about The Old Course, if you are going to win the Open this is the place ?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Great comment from Andrew Coltart there, the shots that DeChambeau and Zalatoris just played, couldn’t be played anywhere else, having to really think about the type of shot to play to get it close, that’s what links golf is all about ?

D

Deleted member 15344

The Grandstands helping out DeShambles on both the 17th and 18th

Springveldt

Visit site
Course getting yet another pummelling. I wonder at what point does the R&A, even privately, consider the current combination of long hitting and classic courses no longer provides a total test of golf ? For me, we are already at that point.
Just how many holes was Faldo hitting 4 irons into on par 4’s? Just curious as I genuinely have no idea.

Springveldt

Visit site
So what do we think the leader will be tonight? -18 maybe? I think any of the top 6 could get to that today.

Pin positions seem easier today as well, maybe they are wanting a birdie fest and to get more people in contention.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Why does McGinley think no one who is from anywhere other than Scotland or Ireland has played hard pan windy courses? Zalatoris grew up playing in Texas, so will be well used to playing baked out courses in the wind.

He’s an embarrassment and constantly contradicts himself or just spouts nonsense.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I wonder why Cam Smith puts a line on his ball and then doesn't use it to line up his putts?
Putt on 16 and the line was perpendicular to his putt line....