Thats all Folks (for now anyway)

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
dave your round today sounds much like mine and I feel your pain in not being able to string together a good score, I make enough pars and birdies to be off 11 according to scoresaver 2 it is just the doubles that should be singles that kill me. As well as the odd disaster hole such as my 10 at the first today. After that I was happy to return a nett 77 (+5). I for the 5th round in a row blitzed the back 9 after a very poor front 9. It doesn't even matter if I have a warm up I can not get my rhythm and timing going until later on in the round. It is the same on any course I seem to play.

I am still loving my golf though, so I don't need to be put in the 'down in the dumps' category :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
eaglehunter, has it occured to you that you may need to tee off later in the day to reap your best potential. I am not a morning player, the nearer I get to 12.00, the better I play. Medal at 7.00 is a reciepe for disaster.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nico(feels wierd calling someone else my childhood nickname) it is a great shame that things have turned out how they have.

I actually felt quite sad reading your OP, for one the forum is losing a great member and two your losing a great hobby.

But still, its good to see you have your eye on the ball (sort of) and are putting your happiness first.

I am playing really well at the moment yet cant post a score under 90 (bizzare) however, when I tot up the card at the end of the round the score doesn't matter when I consider why I am playing. To enjoy the company and banter of friends, (and beat the FIL)

Anyway, dont be a stranger, even if you do just pop into the O.B section for a catch up. Take care Nico.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
it is just the doubles that should be singles that kill me. As well as the odd disaster hole such as my 10 at the first today.

I reckon it's all in the mind. I'm happy to play bogey golf and let the pars come. When I'm faced with a second shot of 100-160, I'm not phased at all, I'll either hit the green or not and then have a chance at a chip n putt for par anyway. BUT, if I get too conservative on a long hole I feel that the pressure is on for the third shot and, whilst not often terrible, I get despondent about staring a double bogey head on. I got over this at my previous courses by just slugging the ball as close as possible, but recently this has been even more costly, getting green-side but in horrible rough or stymied by little bushes and the like.

Mine is a TERRIBLE course for higher h'cap players and I feel I have to play 6 or 7 holes like a 28 h'cap. The SSS is quite low (a genuinely good player will easily play to h'cap compared to par) but, a bit like testing links courses, you can't just bash it and go find......there's just too many trees (links have gorse and rough).

If I could somehow make safe bogeys on the tough holes, I'd play to 10 or 11 without any miracles.

There's always next time....and that's what keeps me going....it's just getting boring. :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
how often do you play a different course rg?
I can pretty much guarantee a new one every month through the season with the society, plus the odd one with a mate at work.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
how often do you play a different course rg?
I can pretty much guarantee a new one every month through the season with the society, plus the odd one with a mate at work.

Not enough......6-10 between April and November.
Oddly, I tend to play better when I don't know where the trouble is!!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the comments folks it genuinely means an awful lot.
Just to set a couple of things to rest,Golf is not lost to me I just need to rediscover the joy I used to get from the game which I still regard as the best ever. I have indeed suspended my membership not completely left. My beautiful shiny kit is definately NOT for sale.

I hope we crush the Septics and I will be cheering us on as I know you all will.

I will be stopping by every now and again,good luck and happy golfing to you all. Cheers!!