That Same Camera! Wrong Address?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being a total worrier, not as bad as my wife but pretty bad, I am fretting over speeding fines again. Seems I have a condition here!

This time, in the process of moving house, I was delayed in getting my keepers address changed. So for a period of a week or two the DVLA had the wrong one. Of course in this time I go past a camera and see a "flash". Usually I don't fret anymore but this one time I do.

I understand a reminder would be sent out, but do they check for an address change before doing so? If so then I will deal when the reminder arrives, if not then what next?

I have spent all morning trying to find a solution on the www but not much aside funny joke websites checking car reg come up!

Might just try and contact residents of my old place and see if any post came through!

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought they would process your speeding fine (if indeed you got one) in one or two weeks, but I could be wrong as I have never had one!! ;)

Anyway, even if they did, and you subsequently changed your address, it's up to them to make sure they send it to the correct address. I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest. Also, I don't think all speed cameras have film in them, so I think some flash, but don't actually record the pictures, so you may be ok on that count, unless it was one of the newer digital ones, then you are out of luck!! ;)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought they would process your speeding fine (if indeed you got one) in one or two weeks, but I could be wrong as I have never had one!! ;)

Knowing how I drive I am just being a worry wart, usually I have a tail of honking drivers behind me :)

Amazingly in this period of at most 14 days where they had the wrong address I had two incidents. One was a van by the road in a 50 zone and the other was a camera in a 30 zone.

I really hate driving at the best of times but this little thing is really eating into me! I cannot seem to let it go!

TBH I had not seen my speed'o but due to the way I drive I could not have been doing more than 51 or 31... I just don't go over that often! Also the van was by a level crossing which I always slow down for anyway and when I glanced at my speed it was only just over 40.

Just venting a little here, its helping but its the little things that nag at you which can spoil a nice day!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Should have done looking back, was way too busy with many other things. Lesson learnt on that front! Its a small fee for no worry!

you can do it online right now- takes a week to filter in though. or call DVLA and change your address now- at least your conversation will be logged as attempting to right an error

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
you can do it online right now- takes a week to filter in though. or call DVLA and change your address now- at least your conversation will be logged as attempting to right an error

Did it ages ago, its just the 1st 2 weeks and a bit of the month it was wrong... Am I just being a stupid worrier here or should I make more of an effort to find out?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did it ages ago, its just the 1st 2 weeks and a bit of the month it was wrong... Am I just being a stupid worrier here or should I make more of an effort to find out?

sounds like you are going to worry , so best to find out either way .. call into your local cop shop & explain it to them , im sure they can check it for you.. at least you will know

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you were one MPH over you would be OK, I think they allow something like 3mph + 5% to allow for the inaccuracies of your speedo. Also these Vans normally only check one side of the road, the side that is approaching the rear of the van.