TGL

Swango1980

Visit site
Just another LiV bot trying to discredit anything that’s not LiV. It’s their standard MO.

How he and Mel have the brass neck to talk about discrimination when they are supporters of LiV is beyond my comprehension.
Funny you should mention them both, huge coincidence that, I think, Mel used to have the same profile pic on here, as that twitter chap has now...

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Come on lads, talk about the subject, not me - you've all done enough in the last 10 minutes to get yourselves a golf monthly forum holiday....

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just another LiV bot trying to discredit anything that’s not LiV. It’s their standard MO.

How he and Mel have the brass neck to talk about discrimination when they are supporters of LiV is beyond my comprehension.
I’m hardly a “LIV BOT” how many times have I actually posted in the LIV thread?? 😂
Not the brightest are you 🤦‍♂️😂

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Back to TGL,

It could strike a chord, non or new golfers wont be used to the tosh we all are used to of watching a swing and then waiting in mystery to see where the camera looks for it to land.

The new generation is more than used to watching computer games, the youtube lot get more views in an hour than golf gets in a season, so for me the principle is fine.

Its got every chance of being horrendous to the old guard (i.e. us lot) the shot clock is almost certainly going to be a catastrophe as players wait for the adverts to finish before it starts, and short game/putting could be all sorts of rubbish. But who knows.

As others have said, if it appears on my tv or you tube feed for free, I'll watch. If it needs me to pay money or download an app, then no dice.

RedEyes

Visit site
I'll give it a go if it's on YouTube. Quite looking forward to it, something a bit different, I can't see myself picking a team, buying merch and complaining that players aren't getting OGWR points though.
Like LIV it's just exhibition golf, but hopefully not taking itself as serious, at least the players playing TGL will be back to playing the meaningful stuff come spring.

AussieKB

Visit site
I'll give it a go if it's on YouTube. Quite looking forward to it, something a bit different, I can't see myself picking a team, buying merch and complaining that players aren't getting OGWR points though.
Like LIV it's just exhibition golf, but hopefully not taking itself as serious, at least the players playing TGL will be back to playing the meaningful stuff come spring.
Glad you are talking about LIV, even though it is not a LIV thread.

D

Deleted member 21445

Can you imagine the backlash to TGL if Liv had launched it instead of Rory and Tiger 😲

Keeping an open mind until I've watched the finished product.

Got a horrible feeling the banter is going to be cringe city...

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Can you imagine the backlash to TGL if Liv had launched it instead of Rory and Tiger 😲

Keeping an open mind until I've watched the finished product.

Got a horrible feeling the banter is going to be cringe city...

The defence of TGL seems to be "it's not proper golf" or "it's just entertainment".

At least they're keeping that theme going by using a "not proper building"...

It is proving to be entertaining - although not for the reasons intended at the moment.

More info on the roof collapse here...