Test your Rules knowledge

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I got 14/20 on the one I tried.
It gives you good feedback on the ones you get wrong, unlike the R&A version last year that didn't.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phew! Glad its not just me then.

Here's a thought, what if you had to pass something like this and say and an etiquette test before you took to the golf course?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
4519 and 16/10

I still don't think 3 of the ones I got wrong were wrong though. :D

Anyone else got weird explanations of ones being wrong?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Damn you guys are good, I just did it again and failed got 13/20 again (4534).

I'm going to pick up the R&A rule book, something to do throughout winter months. :(

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
14/20 on test 4543

Quite happy with that considering i've only been playing for a year or so and neve played any competitive golf.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
4551 - 15/20 but one question showed up as a repeat of an earlier one in the test but as a different question in the answers.

The answer to this one seems odd 'MATCH PLAY. From the teeing ground you strike your ball into the thatched roof of a shelter (immovable obstruction) and you cannot find your ball. What do the Rules say?' I got it wrong.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
4551 - 15/20 but one question showed up as a repeat of an earlier one in the test but as a different question in the answers.

The answer to this one seems odd 'MATCH PLAY. From the teeing ground you strike your ball into the thatched roof of a shelter (immovable obstruction) and you cannot find your ball. What do the Rules say?' I got it wrong.

I had that one. I chose...

You may substitute the ball and proceed under Rule 24-2b (Relief from interference by an immovable obstruction).

And it said I was right.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
14/20 probably pretty average. One question was asked with the answer being the number of penalty shots taken where it should have been shots taken, so it was impossible to get that one!

Chris