Tees, educate me.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Always played with an orange tee when using a driver.Anyway a guy in the clubhouse suggested using a pink tee. Said you get a better penetrating flight because it is lower. Anyway me and a PP de idea to have a bash today using the pink tees. It did look more penetrating and I was hitting it further with a bad back. But the swing was more within myself with my back being in rag order. So that aside, what is the differance between white, pink, orange/ grey tees.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought you can say 'pink tees produce this flight' and so on, I'd have said it more subjective to the individual. Based on how you swing, attack angle and so on. Just find the tee height that suits the way you hit it the best. Could be wrong, that's just my thoughts.

Edit: For clarity, I mean if you hit the ball quite flat and struggle to hit up on the ball then a higher tee might help, but if you hit up on the ball really well then too high a tee could mean the ball is going up very high and not carrying as far.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Stick with the orange one Tashy. I switched to pink for a while and felt I was hitting down on the ball. The orange is perfect for hitting up on the back of the ball.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Pink for me but whatever works best with your swing

One note of caution, there are a lot of fakes out there (especially pinks) so check the serial number on manufactures website

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Always played with an orange tee when using a driver.Anyway a guy in the clubhouse suggested using a pink tee. Said you get a better penetrating flight because it is lower. Anyway me and a PP de idea to have a bash today using the pink tees. It did look more penetrating and I was hitting it further with a bad back. But the swing was more within myself with my back being in rag order. So that aside, what is the differance between white, pink, orange/ grey tees.

Just curious...…….how many different heights of castle tees do you use in a round?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to be a red wooden tee. The paint they use for all the other colours is higher friction so your ball comes off the tee slower. With the special low friction red paint they use it grips the ball less and allows for a faster ball speed and greater distance. :thup:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.

I shall remember that for my first tour event :thup:

;)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just curious...…….how many different heights of castle tees do you use in a round?

For as long as I remember I have only ever used the orange tees Bob. Don't know why.The thoughts of MIB kinda strike a chord👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Got to be a red wooden tee. The paint they use for all the other colours is higher friction so your ball comes off the tee slower. With the special low friction red paint they use it grips the ball less and allows for a faster ball speed and greater distance. :thup:

Its a trade off though, I like the orange as there easier to find on the tee. 😁 Tend not to hand them back into the club shop if they get found at our place ☹️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought someone else would have said it, but the old rule of thumb was to have half the ball above the top of the driver head when it's sat on the floor wasn't it? (I probably haven't described that very well.)

I use the pink barrels, they seem most comfortable for me. But I use a 12° driver - even that probably makes a difference to what tee you want.