Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

Mandofred

Visit site
On our BRS you can reserve the 2 ball slot under just your name and guest or other member. It would allow for misuse. Because things are so tight in the mornings.... to get openings they adjusted things a bit. It WAS a max of 3 times a week. Now it's 3 times a week unless you want to play after 2pm....then you can play every day if you want.....but only 3 times before 2pm. They are hoping it will open up more morning slots. I'm just hoping they go 3-4 ball pretty soon....you really have to sit around the computer right at 6pm to get the slots/day that opens a week in the future.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have no restrictions on bookings with members 12 days in advance and the public around six. The problem has been a handful of weekend players who are used to just rocking up for the regular roll-ups without any kind of booking - they cannot be bothered to book a tee time and then start complaining the day before when they find they can't get a game. It just a combination of two-balls only, more people wanting to play golf and the great weather.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our IG system lets you book a two ball under your name and AN Other. But you are expected to add the second name within a day or so. I suspect people who keep leaving un named partners are being chased by Club
It's not totally happening but the system is definitely set up to stop your name appearing more than your quota.
Last week the slots a week ahead were filled within a day, now there are quite a few still available which makes me think that excess bookings are under control.

If we have to stay in 2 balls, I'd like to see us move to 8 minute gaps.
I was marshalling on a buggy over the weekend and the play was really spaced apart.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
One advantage of 10 min intervals is that it is easy for everyone to remember exactly what their start time is and not clog up the teeing ground with players standing around in a Q.

Springveldt

Visit site
We are allowed to book one midweek tee time and one weekend tee time in advance. Then, if there are free slots on the day, we can book them.

However, people are blatantly ignoring this and booking slots in advance for every day.

The club have said they will remove such bookings, but it's a mammoth task to manually cross check every booking, so I suspect a lot will get away with it.

Can BRS not be programmed to enforce this type of restriction?
Noticed the same thing, there was a lad that had booked a tee every single day. Checked this morning and they have been removed.
There is a booking on Wednesday and Friday that have done the Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck “trick” that we were asked not to do that hasn’t been removed though.
If BRS can’t be set up to limit bookings then that’s just poor. Someone has been going through deleting the bookings though, there are a lot more free time’s on Wed and Friday than there were when I looked yesterday.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shouldn’t they just. Unfortunately our captain and vice captain are setting the tone. They always play their social golf together, and are pre-booking an adjacent time each, with the second name within each time simply showing “reserved”. It then allows them to get a small group together with their mates slow time, rather than their mates having to join to the 7am stampede with the rest of us.

The easiest way to resolve it would be if BRS insisted on two names in each booking to confirm that booking. I’m not sure it can be tweaked to that extent.

have they been nicknamed Boris and Dom yet ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a look on BRS last night. One particularly obnoxious loudmouth has tee times booked for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday when he is only allowed to book one. Should I mention this to someone?
Definitely.

Also I'd be putting it in writing at the club where the captain and vice are rigging the tee times before release and looking after their mates. That is not an example to be setting members

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are allowed to book a time every day. The BRS fun starts at 7am tomorrow morning ahead of the club re-opening on Friday.

jamiet7682

Visit site
Just had email from the club calling out the folk booking multiple tee times, if they dont delete by midnight tonight all bookings will be cancelled. Good on them for being proactive.
Still a good few tee times free so will on be restricted this weekend i reckon.

IanMcC

Visit site
We moved the casual golf booking time down from 14 days to 2 days to retain a modicum of control. We are requesting members play no more than 3 times per week. I cant find a facility on BRS to limit an individual's weekly bookings, but you can run a report at the end of the week flagging up offenders. After our first week there were only a handful, and most of these thought the week was sunday to saturday. (We started golfing in wales on Monday 18th May.) Hopefully better this week. We also moved the casual golf booking time opening from midnight to 8PM. So if you wanted to play on Wednesday you are ready at your PC or app at 8PM Monday.

D

Deleted member 15344

What I have learned over the last 14 days is how unappreciated some members are and also how unaware they are of others members needs also how some just want to act as if it’s normal

We started off 2 balls on 9 holes and only 2 rounds and used the IG limiter they created

First members found a way around it and then told other members how to do it

We then decided to go to 18 holes at the weekend so we then allowed people to book more times during the week but not to go mad - some of course booked everyday

We are now at 18 holes and decided on 3 rounds a week and now people complaining that’s not enough. Just can’t win with some people. They have again found a way to be able to book more than 3 and continue to attempt to book at 4th despite numerous emails - just self self self

And then we add the Ladies - we wanted to have every tee time all week long open for everyone , no block bookings or reserved spots beyond two a day for the people who don’t use the IT - Nope not the ladies , ended up forcing through a block booking on their regular Tuesday spot to create their “Ladies Day” - it’s not gone down well and can see things getting worse and I suspect they are going to lose any ability to play in comps at weekend

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
What I have learned over the last 14 days is how unappreciated some members are and also how unaware they are of others members needs also how some just want to act as if it’s normal

We started off 2 balls on 9 holes and only 2 rounds and used the IG limiter they created

First members found a way around it and then told other members how to do it

We then decided to go to 18 holes at the weekend so we then allowed people to book more times during the week but not to go mad - some of course booked everyday

We are now at 18 holes and decided on 3 rounds a week and now people complaining that’s not enough. Just can’t win with some people. They have again found a way to be able to book more than 3 and continue to attempt to book at 4th despite numerous emails - just self self self

And then we add the Ladies - we wanted to have every tee time all week long open for everyone , no block bookings or reserved spots beyond two a day for the people who don’t use the IT - Nope not the ladies , ended up forcing through a block booking on their regular Tuesday spot to create their “Ladies Day” - it’s not gone down well and can see things getting worse and I suspect they are going to lose any ability to play in comps at weekend

I have been saying for some time now that this pandemic is bringing out the best and worst in people.

On the plus side are the selfless actions of key workers and so many in local communities, who have thought of innovative ways of helping others.

But at the other end of the spectrum we have so many selfish, self centred people who couldn’t give two hoots about anyone else. From stockpiling loo paper (I’m going to get to the bottom of that one day - pun intended), to some of the behaviour you describe. A lot of it will live long in the memory and do lasting damage to personal and business relationships.

Clubs are doing their absolute best to be fair to everyone and yet every day we all find countless examples of individuals who clearly think the rules don’t apply to them.

Frankly, I’m sick and tired of it.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
This coming Saturday, our tee is booked solid from 0555 to 1605.
Crackers. I’m not enjoying the 2 ball rounds I’ll be totally honest. It’s Killing the love of golf for me.
The lack of competitive golf is no fun either.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Email from secretary reminding people that you are only allowed 2 tee times a week, Monday through to Sunday.
There is some right selfish gits out there, the club are doing their best yet people still try and abuse it.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
We do it through BRS and you can book yourself as either a singleton, or as a pair with a named person. (so, no booking as AN Other, or Guest or similar). You also have to book the other person in at the same time as you make the booking. You can't book as a singleton & go back in later to add someone. If you book as singleton, the second space is up for grabs by whoever sees it first. Nor can you delete a named person - the named person has to do it themselves. So that means you can't just think, "oh, I'll put down my mate Brian and sort it afterwards" and then change it later to another mate. And if "Brian" is on the list, then "Jim" cant turn up in his place - the only people who can play are those named on the system.

Seems to work - but as we can book once per day 7/7, we're not having to deal with people who are booking too many times per week. (Don't think we have anyone try to book more than once per day!) We do have a few who are playing everyday - but they are falling away in number now.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
This week I cannot get a tee time before 18:00. I’ve booked 2 tee times for next week now just so I can get out there.
There’s no restrictions by the looks of it, just crazy busy now the course has been opened to visitors. I wonder how the members only clubs are getting on??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Surely if a club can see who is breaking the rules (I assume it must be easy to run a report or simply track manually) then why not ban them from booking for say two weeks. Once one or two can't book and others find out why (word of mouth is powerful in things like this) then hopefully it'll get the message through. Reinforce it with a universal email reminding members of their limits and highlight the penalties and see what happens then and if they ignore the mail apply the ban

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Same at my awsy club, was hoping to play on Saturday, but wasn’t quick enough.

Bit disappointed that members are able to book more than 1 tee time though ?

Pleased to have received an email today to say this has now been addressed.

Now playing Saturday ?